electricity bill???

erik775

Established Member
hay i was just wondering how much some people pay on there electricity bill for there chams???i have 3 and im wondering about how much if any one else has just 3 and how much there bill is for just those 3 chams???or just how much people pay a month for the cham part of the light bill???i have one 75 wat bulb and 2 50 watt bulbs and 2 18in repti suns and one 24 in reptiglo...i have my lights on for about 11 hours a day cuz its winter...

All depends on how many kilo watts an hr for the most part you are running monthly. Unless you are running some serious lighting and high wattage bulbs constantly there shouldnt be much of a difference for three chams. Id say 10 bucks at most and that sounds high depending where you live and how they charge I guess but thats what my area would be. UVB lights run low cost and low wattages and most keepers seem to be using normal house bulbs already for basking.

I dont know how they charge electricity everywhere though imagine differently everywhere .

Couldn't tell you what 3 cages costs, but I just got my electric bill and is over $600. But I am heating close to 50 cages.

I figure I pay between $50 and $75 a month for my herd here. Total electric bill every month is $480!

My six cages took my bill from around $100 to $110 per month. $600 and $480 electric bills Wow!! Nice to only need AC for 12 weeks a year.:eek:

You can figure out the cost. Add up your watts. 10 100w bulbs = 1 kilo watt (what you are usually billed by), Watts x Time = Watt Hours. Watt Hours x power rate = what you pay.

oh yeah how can i measure or know around how much electricity my cages are using or costing???

We have one cham and 2 tortoises - pretty much all the same lighting requirements - havent noticed any changes in our electric bill at all - we also run heat lamps and UV lamps and heaters for three terrapins and two fish tanks - as far as we can tell, its made very little difference since compared to our electric bills before

sorry but im not very good at math:rolleyes::(...and i kind of need help calculating how much energy i am waisting on lighting and about how much it costs a month to have the klights on for my 3 chams???i have 2 18 in repti suns 1 24 in reptiglo 2 50 watt zoo med basking spot lights and 1 75 watt basking spot light...and they are all on for 11 hours each day...i need some help calculating PLEASE...im getting a head ache trying to calculate...:confused::confused::confused::(:(:(...sorry...

ok i completely suck at math and im trying to figure out how much im running my bill up with my chams...and i cant figure it out cuz i suck at math...:(:(:(...can some one please help...i have one 75and 2 50 watt zoomed basking lights...and 2 zoomed reptisuns 18in and one 24in reptiglo...and i have all my lights on for 11 hours every day...please help if u can...im trying to figure out my amount on the light bill cuz its kind of high...HELP PLEASE...OOPS I POSTED IT TWICE IGNORE ONE MY LAPTOP DIDNT HAVE ANY SIGNAL SO I CAME TO DO IT ON MY HOME COMPUTER...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

If you figure that an AVG KwH is about .101 (google told me so), and that an avg fluorescent bulb is about 40w. 3-40w + 1-75w + 2-50w + 10 hours a day = to around $.31-32 cents a day.

If you figure that an AVG KwH is about .101 (google told me so), and that an avg fluorescent bulb is about 40w. 3-40w + 1-75w + 2-50w + 10 hours a day = to around $.31-32 cents a day.

do i dare ask whats your light bill:eek:....yikes!

I HATE hitting the = button when I figure out what a circut will cost me; things I wish I did not know how to do, haha. Lights are not TOO bad, its the high draw things like AC's and fan's that really kill a bill. Much to my dismay, my bill is more than Lance. :eek: So you want to be a reptile breeder do you??? :p

I HATE hitting the = button when I figure out what a circut will cost me; things I wish I did not know how to do, haha. Lights are not TOO bad, its the high draw things like AC's and fan's that really kill a bill. Much to my dismay, my bill is more than Lance. :eek: So you want to be a reptile breeder do you??? :p

yes i still do...:D

thanks vegas chad for breaking it down for mee...that was a really big help...:D:D:D

Space heaters are the worst. I run a 1500 watt heater in my garage, I think it runs me around $80 a month, not to mention all the lights. I am down to about half as many cages as last winter though, no babies this year! I'm jealous of you guys in Florida and California that can keep your chams outside almost year round. I guess it's a trade off, sounds like the power rates are much cheaper here in NC.

at future shop you can purchase a device that plugs into the wall then you plug in your devices and progam you kw/hr rate and it will tell you what that device is costing you there is also a bigger one made by black & decker that goes on your hydro meter and can do your whole house.

Back
Top Bottom