Eggs ?

RikkiL

Established Member
This is Random and only a discussion I had with my husband. I only have 1male panther chameleon.
For the breaders in this forum
Why do we take out buried eggs after their laid, why do we put them in an incubater vs keeping them in the enclosure. I'm sure it has to do with humidity and temps but we are curious if in the wild they are laid in the ground why we don't keep them that way. 🤔 natural selection vs quantity. I know nothing about eggs. Like I said just a discussion

We can't control the "environment" in the substrate the way we can when we take them out to incubate them.
If we leave them in place, they could dry out or become too moist...we have less control over the temperatures usually...it's just better to dig them up and incubate them in an incubator or in a fashion where we can control things.

We can't control the "environment" in the substrate the way we can when we take them out to incubate them.
If we leave them in place, they could dry out or become too moist...we have less control over the temperatures usually...it's just better to dig them up and incubate them in an incubator or in a fashion where we can control things.
Thank you ! That is what we were thinking but still wanted to ask.

Back
Top Bottom