Eggs shipped today!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Katacara, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Katacara

Katacara Avid Member

I am so excited to say that my eggs from @Matt Vanilla Gorilla have where shipped today!!!

OMG I am going to have a constant case of "Kid-waiting-for-Christmas-morning-syndrome" up until they hatch!

Mai, dshuld, Kristen Wilkins and 4 others like this.
  2. Scottsquatch

Scottsquatch Avid Member

Mine shipped too! We can keep each other posted on how they are developing.

3. Andee

Andee Chameleon Enthusiast

Having that with the cresteds XD

4. TCMontium

TCMontium Member

What eggs? Chameleon eggs?

5. Katacara

Katacara Avid Member

6. JacksJill

JacksJill Chameleon Enthusiast

Exited for you both but I have a question.
    How do you ship eggs safely? Is all that about not turning them over a myth??

7. jannb

jannb Chameleon Enthusiast

I was extremely worried when I had to take my eggs on evacuation. I couldn’t imagine shipping them.

8. Scottsquatch

Scottsquatch Avid Member

As long as they are shipped soom after they are layed its all good. After they develop the air pocket, they will die if they are turned. I have some others incubating right now that I got from Matt a couple months ago that are doing great. Like I said, if you ship them right away, it works. You do have to use cryopacs or something similar to ship though, as its important that the temps remain very stable.

9. Acham

Acham Member

Please take pics to show us how they were shipped. Packing and everything.

Angelwolf likes this.
  10. Katacara

Katacara Avid Member

Sure I can do that, but @Matt Vanilla Gorilla would know way more about it than me because he is the one who ships them.

Kristen Wilkins, JacksJill and Acham like this.
  11. Andee

Andee Chameleon Enthusiast

If I were to ship eggs I would do it in some sort of foam with no room for them to move around in.

12. Mawtyplant

Mawtyplant Established Member

lol i know! i read about this! ;) i have try a post but no anwser :/

JoeDigiorgio likes this.
  13. hopps31

hopps31 Avid Member

That is super exciting:) The waiting part is sooo hard, but so wroth it in the end!! You are going to have cuteness overload(y)

dshuld and Kristen Wilkins like this.
  14. Katacara

Katacara Avid Member

Yah I am!! Complete cuteness overload!! :love:

dshuld and Kristen Wilkins like this.
  15. Katacara

Katacara Avid Member

So I was finally able to open the box my eggs where in to put them in the incubator. All I can say is I have NEVER seen anything packed so well and with so much care!! @Matt Vanilla Gorilla & Jessica you are AMAZING!!!!

Here are the pictures you asked for @Acham @Mawtyplant @JoeDigiorgio

They are in order so you can see exactly what it all looked like when I opened layer by layer.

Packing 1.jpg Packing 2.jpg Packing 3.jpg Packing 4.jpg Packing 5.jpg Packing 6.jpg Packing 7.jpg Packing 8.jpg Packing 9.jpg Packing 10.jpg

Acham, Teal Beauty, Angelwolf and 4 others like this.
  16. dshuld

dshuld Established Member

Well, I had been curious how this worked. Guess I know now lol. I'm excited for you!!

17. Katacara

Katacara Avid Member

Thanks! 6-13 months is going to be SO long to wait for them to hatch!!

18. dshuld

dshuld Established Member

Lol indeed!! I'm tempted to get some from his next clutch but I really only want a unrelated female for blue lightning. I told @Matt Vanilla Gorilla my luck I would end up with all males :ROFLMAO:. I checked Kammerflage like you suggested and he had one I liked the look of but sadly my wife said I was nuts when she saw the price they want for her :rolleyes:. Hopefully middle of next year Matt will have one though and, tbh, he's been so awesome to deal with if I can get what I'm looking for through him I would much rather do that.

19. Scottsquatch

Scottsquatch Avid Member

Don't toss the cryopacs. They are a bit spendy and can be used many times. I send them back to Matt.