Eggs shipped today!!

Exited for you both but I have a question.
How do you ship eggs safely? Is all that about not turning them over a myth??

I was extremely worried when I had to take my eggs on evacuation. I couldn’t imagine shipping them.

As long as they are shipped soom after they are layed its all good. After they develop the air pocket, they will die if they are turned. I have some others incubating right now that I got from Matt a couple months ago that are doing great. Like I said, if you ship them right away, it works. You do have to use cryopacs or something similar to ship though, as its important that the temps remain very stable.

If I were to ship eggs I would do it in some sort of foam with no room for them to move around in.

So I was finally able to open the box my eggs where in to put them in the incubator. All I can say is I have NEVER seen anything packed so well and with so much care!! @Matt Vanilla Gorilla & Jessica you are AMAZING!!!!

Here are the pictures you asked for @Acham @Mawtyplant @JoeDigiorgio

They are in order so you can see exactly what it all looked like when I opened layer by layer.

Packing 1.jpg
Packing 2.jpg
Packing 3.jpg
Packing 4.jpg
Packing 5.jpg
Packing 6.jpg
Packing 7.jpg
Packing 8.jpg
Packing 9.jpg
Packing 10.jpg

Well, I had been curious how this worked. Guess I know now lol. I'm excited for you!!

Lol indeed!! I'm tempted to get some from his next clutch but I really only want a unrelated female for blue lightning. I told @Matt Vanilla Gorilla my luck I would end up with all males :ROFLMAO:. I checked Kammerflage like you suggested and he had one I liked the look of but sadly my wife said I was nuts when she saw the price they want for her :rolleyes:. Hopefully middle of next year Matt will have one though and, tbh, he's been so awesome to deal with if I can get what I'm looking for through him I would much rather do that.

Back
Top Bottom