Eggs Laid, picture.

globug

Well, thank the heavens, Baby has laid again. No problems. Pretty sure not fertilized. Wow. 138 days ago she laid first clutch, 39. Now she has laid 55 eggs. I'll put them in incubator but about about 99.9% they aren't fertile, which is fine. I just want her to be healthy and okay. Yee ha Baby.

[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_2764.JPG
    IMG_2764.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 93
Very interesting. I just wiped out the bottom of enclosure, gave Baby a bath and put in a dish of worms. She's eating all the worms like crazy.

I noticed about a month before laying her eggs she wasn't interested in eating and wasn't pooping much. I was worried. I was lucky to find a place to buy crickets. She was enjoying those crickets, but still wouldn't touch worms.

Now she is.

Have you guys ever noticed a change in eating habits coming near breeding and laying time????

This was the only photo I was able to get of her while she was digging. She stopped digging for 1/2 after this photo, so I didn't bug her again.

IMG_2757-001.JPG

They often slow down on the eating as they near the laying date.....especially when they are carrying a lot of eggs. Yours is laying a lot of eggs. You may want to try to slow her down a bit.

To do this I feed my veileds well for a couple of days after they lay the eggs and then cut them down to about eight to ten crickets every two days. I also lower the basking temperature to the low 80'sF to slow the metabolism. Youndont want to starve her....you just don't want to overfeed her.

Thank you for that info. I really feel fear about this, all those eggs. Boy, females do really get the short-end-of-the-stick in everything.

Back
Top Bottom