eggs in cricket bin?

naich

so i let my cricket bin go un cleaned for about 2 weeks....it was horrible i feed of the last crix like 3 weeks ago when it was clean but had 15 to 20 die that night and i let the food rot....my mistake....so today im cleaning it out cause i got another 1000 and there are these egg like things. they loomk exactly like the little tan pellets on bread that fall off as you rub them...kinda like sesame seeds...but when i smushed em a liquid came out...the only thing loiving in the bin were sevral gnats and these eggs are twice the size of gnates....any help?

so i let my cricket bin go un cleaned for about 2 weeks....it was horrible i feed of the last crix like 3 weeks ago when it was clean but had 15 to 20 die that night and i let the food rot....my mistake....so today im cleaning it out cause i got another 1000 and there are these egg like things. they loomk exactly like the little tan pellets on bread that fall off as you rub them...kinda like sesame seeds...but when i smushed em a liquid came out...the only thing loiving in the bin were sevral gnats and these eggs are twice the size of gnates....any help?

Sounds like some kind of fly pupae. Maybe a house fly or something similar dropped some eggs in there.

Keep a few in a cup with a screen lid. May be interesting to see what you get.

If you want to know what they are put them in a container that whatever hatches out of them won't be able to get out of but that will allow some air to get in and wait for them to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom