eggs, how do i know when its time?

emel

as some of you may have read i have a female Furcifer pardalis and about 8 months old.

how do i know when she wants to lay eggs? any specific color other signs i shall look for?. and how many times a year does she lay eggs? 3 times is normal?

i have tried a bucket with sandmix but no eggs layed yet.

all the best/ Mikael

DSC00027.jpg

Are you leaving the bucket in the cage?

When getting close to egglaying time, the female will roam the cage looking for a place to lay the eggs. She may stop eating...but some don't. It partly depends on how full of eggs they are. Most of them drink more near the end. Since the signs of being ready to lay are somewhat subtle its important that she has a suitable place to dig in the cage at all times once she is sexually mature.

yes, i have a 20 Liter bucket with sand/dirt mix in the cage. i guess thats all i can do at the time, now its up to her to pop some eggs out? :)

all the best!

Forgot to mention that once she's digging you shouldn't let her see you watching her when she's digging the hole. It can make her abandon it and if it happens often enough she could become eggbound.

Okej, ill keep that in mind, im only in the reptile room once a day feeding and checkning so that shouldent be a problem.

thanx!

Back
Top Bottom