Eggs about to hatch, HELP!

lizardz

My friends have 2 panther eggs that they've been caring for for a while and they're about to hatch in a month or less. We have housing set up with fake plants two sprayer nozzles for humidity, the reptile safe "foam"for the base of the cage. Temp & humidy gages. Crickets on the way but this is completely new to us. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My friends have 2 panther eggs that they've been caring for for a while and they're about to hatch in a month or less. We have housing set up with fake plants two sprayer nozzles for humidity, the reptile safe "foam"for the base of the cage. Temp & humidy gages. Crickets on the way but this is completely new to us. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Its a big step with brand new babies but if you prep good you can do it.
For starters they will be tiny and a little small for a standard screen enclosure.
Most people us a plastic tote or rubber made type of container with a bare bottom or a paper towel.
You can construct a small jungle gym type of structure lower than the top so they cant reach out.
They will eat pinhead or 1/8" crickets to start as well as fruit flies. You have enough time to start fruit fly cultures that will be ready to go.
One of the biggest things to be mindful of is not to overheat them. They will be tiny!
How long have you had the eggs?

Best of luck

I too have two panther eggs incubating. Mine aren't due to hatch until June. I hate the wait. What month were the two eggs layed? If you need hat chilling feeders Lindasgonebuggie has a baby feeder kit. You can find it on facebook.. Good luck

My very first clutch of panthers are currently hatching. Don't be surprised if they don't hatch when you think they are sopose to. The clutch that's hatching for me now is younger than 2 other clutches that are incubating. Months younger.
I went to michaels craft store and to the grocery store to buy skewers and this is what I came up with.
I can tell you this. It's very very exiting once they hatch. 100% worth the wait
Good luck!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 211
Use a 25 watt bulb the tiny one! Thats what i use for my hatch lings and keep them in a 10 gallon tank with a uvb! just make sure they cant get on the top of the screen top so they don't get burned

Back
Top Bottom