Egg laying 1st time

Eshelton3

So my girl finally laid eggs! I saw her digging a hole and then turned around so I gave her the privacy she needed. Went back early in the morning to see if she was still there and she was at the top of the cage so I’m assuming she was done. I did manage to find 24 eggs going to go back when it’s light outside to see if I’m missing any. Are the eggs usually really small? Is 24 a good number? Also she was really black and pink at the top of the cage. So I just turned on the mister for her for a few minutes and will come back later in the morning.

Attachments

• 8C4A4080-F784-47C1-BDD5-FED848E6053E.jpeg
    8C4A4080-F784-47C1-BDD5-FED848E6053E.jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 63
Yay to a successful laying! :) Had she covered up her tunnel completely? If not, put the bin back in as she may not be done yet. Some will go to the branches to sleep instead of sleeping in their tunnel. I believe 24 is a good amount for a panther. My little panther lady hasn’t yet laid but I’d imagine the eggs would be a bit smaller than my veiled’s eggs.

Yay to a successful laying! :) Had she covered up her tunnel completely? If not, put the bin back in as she may not be done yet. Some will go to the branches to sleep instead of sleeping in their tunnel. I believe 24 is a good amount for a panther. My little panther lady hasn’t yet laid but I’d imagine the eggs would be a bit smaller than my veiled’s eggs.
Yes she did cover the tunnel. I was waiting for the day that this happened because I was so nervous you know from reading all the things that have gone wrong. But now since she has laid them I feel relief

Back
Top Bottom