Egg hatching question

You’re telling me, taking care of a 4 year old, gives me experience to take care of a baby? I know Human babies ain’t the same as Cham babies, but logic is still the same

It sure helps. And humans are not nearly as fragile as a Chameleon. There is no room for mistakes with a newly hatched Cham, Zero. The slightest error could cause invetible and certain death.

The logic is not nearly the same. Caring for a human, whilst you are a human, and know how to care for humans, as you are a human. You know what a Human needs. You need to learn how the care duffer's, for a baby human. However you know how to tell when a human is sick, and human babies cry. Baby Chameleons don't cry, they just die.

If you don't know what an adult Cham needs, how will you care for a baby one?

With juvenile chameleons, ones that have some level of resiliency.
so My wife is supposed to not have this baby that’s on the way, it’s our first kid.... We have no idea on how to take care of a baby. We should of adopted a child first since they’re more resilient? I’m just using your logic.

It sure helps. And humans are not nearly as fragile as a Chameleon. There is no room for mistakes with a newly hatched Cham, Zero. The slightest error could cause invetible and certain death.

The logic is not nearly the same. Caring for a human, whilst you are a human, and know how to care for humans, as you are a human. You know what a Human needs. You need to learn how the care duffer's, for a baby human. However you know how to tell when a human is sick, and human babies cry. Baby Chameleons don't cry, they just die.

If you don't know what an adult Cham needs, how will you care for a baby one?
With helpful Facts from this awesome Forum

With helpful Facts from this awesome Forum

That's the point. Helpful facts, help with a grown Cham. Where doing something wrong for a week is not a death sentence usually. With a baby, 3 days of doing something wrong is a death sentence.

You need to be able to recognize problems immediately, and know how to deal with them, Immediately. That's why you need to have Experience with Chams, to raise babies.

Just like experience with humans is required to raise a baby human. You are a human, so you have experience with humans.

Also, OP any care to elaborate on your age? The shots of your bedroom and your hands have me a tad concerned. Do you have the money to buy the needs of these Chams? Are your parents going to help you with the Thousands required? Are you planning to keep them all? Have the 10ft of wall space that takes?

Also, OP any care to elaborate on your age? The shots of your bedroom and your hands have me a tad concerned. Do you have the money to buy the needs of these Chams? Are your parents going to help you with the Thousands required? Are you planning to keep them all? Have the 10ft of wall space that takes?
Might want to go back and look at those pics. Those are baby toys in the background and the hands on page 2 are definitely an adult’s.

Might want to go back and look at those pics. Those are baby toys in the background and the hands on page 2 are definitely an adult’s.

I don't think those are adult hands. And my thought was a shared room. They maybe adult hands though.

But if I am wrong, I mean no offense OP. I don't care how old you are, just was something I noticed. They don't have age to them. If those are adult hands, I want the plug on the skin care products!

Can't like this enough.

I also think from the photos provided. That OP is on the younger side. I don't think their parents are going to allow the 10 ft of wall space, and thousands needed to care for these Chams when they get bigger.

Actually I'm 35, I have a 18 month old daughter, own my house so I can take up however much wall space i damn well please, I have been raising and caring for animals since I was 5 years old including turtles, iguanas and snakes and have never lost an animal from neglect or mistreatment. I did my research before I ever even agreed to take the eggs and if I had thought there was even the slightest chance that I wasnt capable of caring for them then I wouldn't have accepted them.

Actually I'm 35, I have a 18 month old daughter, own my house so I can take up however much wall space i damn well please, I have been raising and caring for animals since I was 5 years old including turtles, iguanas and snakes and have never lost an animal from neglect or mistreatment. I did my research before I ever even agreed to take the eggs and if I had thought there was even the slightest chance that I wasnt capable of caring for them then I wouldn't have accepted them.

No offense, but if you did your research, why are we looking at inadequate caging? With no lights (do you have lights yet or need a recommendation?)

You asked us if that caging was adequate, however it's not. And in doing your research you should have seen that.

You are not providing any info. And now you are getting rude lol. You have been asked repeatadly for a care plan, which you have failed to share. How can anyone help, when you are not providing info. You don't seem to be taking this very seriously and that is concerning. Maybe you are, and that's good, just what you are showing does not appear that way.

You have to look at this from our eyes. We see people come in here all the time with improper systems, no research to watch a Cham suffer and die. You keeping snakes, is not anywhere in the same league. It's helpful, that you have some reptile experience, but it in no way applies to Chameleons.

It is very good that you are older, and have the resources to provide for them, and no Qualms to the wall size. Glad to hear it. Hope they all make it through and give you years of joy.

You have very nice skin for being 35, I wish mine looked like that :).

So now, once again,

How are you providing them UVB? They needed UVB the day they hatched. They need it now.

How are you misting them? Do you have a Mistking? Are you hand misting?

Do you have more, and Live plants in the enclosure yet?

What are you feeding them, have you ordered pinheads yet, they will be hard to source locally.

Last edited:
No offense, but if you did your research, why are we looking at inadequate caging? With no lights (do you have lights yet or need a recommendation?)

You asked us if that caging was adequate, however it's not. And in doing your research you should have seen that.

You are not providing any info. And now you are getting rude lol. You have been asked repeatadly for a care plan, which you have failed to share. How can anyone help, when you are not providing info. You don't seem to be taking this very seriously and that is concerning. Maybe you are, and that's good, just what you are showing does not appear that way.

You have to look at this from our eyes. We see people come in here all the time with improper systems, no research to watch a Cham suffer and die. You keeping snakes, is not anywhere in the same league. It's helpful, that you have some reptile experience, but it in no way applies to Chameleons.

It is very good that you are older, and have the resources to provide for them, and no Qualms to the wall size. Glad to hear it. Hope they all make it through and give you years of joy.

You have very nice skin for being 35, I wish mine looked like that :).

So now, once again,

How are you providing them UVB? They needed UVB the day they hatched. They need it now.

How are you misting them? Do you have a Mistking? Are you hand misting?

Do you have more, and Live plants in the enclosure yet?

What are you feeding them, have you ordered pinheads yet, they will be hard to source locally.
Dude, you’ve got to chill. I’m the resident ******* here and your making look like an angel! Lol

You’ve got to stop with the assumptions. You’ve done this on nearly every thread since you got back. Several of us, especially me, pointed out 3-4 ways you could tell this wasn’t a kid.

The OP is not obligated to respond to you! You are not helping a single Cham by acting like this. Yes, you know your husbandry but it’s absolutely worthless if you keep running your mouth like that!

Last edited by a moderator:

Seek professional help

Dude, you’ve got to chill. I’m the resident ******* here and your making look like an angel! Lol

You’ve got to stop with the assumptions. You’ve done this on nearly every thread since you got back. Several of us, especially me, pointed out 3-4 ways you could tell this wasn’t a kid.

The OP is not obligated to respond to you! You are not helping a single Cham by acting like this. Yes, you know your husbandry but it’s absolutely worthless if you keep running your mouth like that!

Well, on the flip side of that. That's at this time all we have is assumptions right?

What else do we have? He has provided little info, the info he has provided is that he (or she) has never kept a cham.

Then we have a cage, that is not at all suitable, and in that post (before I was back) he(or she) actually reached out.

They asked "my first attempt, at a cage, is this suitable" when it's plainly not, there is no lights, there is barely any foliage ect.

You did the right thing, by asking the questionare. However my question is, why was this never addressed? Everyone is sure busy OOhing and ahhhing the Chams, that he may or not understand the care for.

No links to a care sheet (not that they would help much, they are not for hatchlings), no helping with the cage, when it was asked, there was some reenforcent of an already fixed problem. And a bunch of "Cute Babies" well I hope they are still cute when they are dead.

Maybe I need to chill, and maybe the outspoken newer members are too chill. Do you not recall the way a thread like this would have been dealt with by Carlton or Oldchamkeeper, ect?

Is the point of CF to ooh and ahh, people that ask for help, and ignore the help? Not one time has a caresheet been linked, the crucialness of lighting on day 1 been stated, except for by me.

So ya I will stop assuming, and let these babies sit in a tiny cage together, with no lights, and not enough foliage. Don't tag me in the RIP thread, where everyone can Ooh and Ahh some more.

Maybe I am not helping any Chams, however neither is anyone else in this thread. Except the ones that told them to stop misting the eggs. Who knows what they saved the eggs into, what kind of life. It's been a week since hatch right, and how much of that has been without UVB, do we think a baby is going to bounce back from that?

Just like salty said in the other thread in breeding. You don't say I will set up the cages when the babies come. What kind of irresponsible logic is that?

So if my wife is pregnant I will tell her we don't need a car seat till you are at the hospital, or a crib or bottles, he can starve for a week. Good luck with that.

Oh and that's not even mentioning at all, the OPs logic of getting the cages. "I am not getting the cages until the babies are born" so they are simply an animal of opportunity, he doesn't want 5 Chams, he just figures if I have 5 Chams cool. In no world is that going to end well.

None of that was assuming, it's common sense. His actions show, how much he cares about these babies, and the thought of having 5 full grown healthy Chameleons. And that is not a whole heck of alot.

I assumed he(she) was young, they say they are not, I apologized, that was an assumption on my part. That doesn't change anything else said here in the slightest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, on the flip side of that. That's at this time all we have is assumptions right?

What else do we have? He has provided little info, the info he has provided is that he (or she) has never kept a cham.

Then we have a cage, that is not at all suitable, and in that post (before I was back) he(or she) actually reached out.

They asked "my first attempt, at a cage, is this suitable" when it's plainly not, there is no lights, there is barely any foliage ect.

You did the right thing, by asking the questionare. However my question is, why was this never addressed? Everyone is sure busy OOhing and ahhhing the Chams, that he may or not understand the care for.

No links to a care sheet (not that they would help much, they are not for hatchlings), no helping with the cage, when it was asked, there was some reenforcent of an already fixed problem. And a bunch of "Cute Babies" well I hope they are still cute when they are dead.

Maybe I need to chill, and maybe the outspoken newer members are too chill. Do you not recall the way a thread like this would have been dealt with by Carlton or Oldchamkeeper, ect?

Is the point of CF to ooh and ahh, people that ask for help, and ignore the help? Not one time has a caresheet been linked, the crucialness of lighting on day 1 been stated, except for by me.

So ya I will stop assuming, and let these babies sit in a tiny cage together, with no lights, and not enough foliage. Don't tag me in the RIP thread, where everyone can Ooh and Ahh some more.

Maybe I am not helping any Chams, however neither is anyone else in this thread. Except the ones that told them to stop misting the eggs. Who knows what they saved the eggs into, what kind of life. It's been a week since hatch right, and how much of that has been without UVB, do we think a baby is going to bounce back from that?

Just like salty said in the other thread in breeding. You don't say I will set up the cages when the babies come. What kind of irresponsible logic is that?

So if my wife is pregnant I will tell her we don't need a car seat till you are at the hospital, or a crib or bottles, he can starve for a week. Good luck with that.

Oh and that's not even mentioning at all, the OPs logic of getting the cages. "I am not getting the cages until the babies are born" so they are simply an animal of opportunity, he doesn't want 5 Chams, he just figures if I have 5 Chams cool. In no world is that going to end well.

None of that was assuming, it's common sense. His actions show, how much he cares about these babies, and the thought of having 5 full grown healthy Chameleons. And that is not a whole heck of alot.

I assumed he(she) was young, they say they are not, I apologized, that was an assumption on my part. That doesn't change anything else said here in the slightest.

Seriously dude your calling me rude and yet since your first reply you have done nothing but make assumptions and be extremely judgemental. You're sitting here saying that I'm a kid and asking if my parents are going allow and pay for stuff. You can say no offense all you want but to me that's rude. You're also going off on a rant about how I have been asked repeatedly for a care plan....I have been asked ONCE and that was when Brody posted the questionnaire. and yes I admit I over looked that until a later date but I have a company to run and a 18month old daughter to take care of so I can't jump on the forum every second.
That picture of the cage that you're assuming my chams are suffering in is over a week old. I received no feed back here so I went else where for answers.
I understand that it is your opinion that people that haven't kept chams before should not be given eggs. Which is fine because you're entitled to your opinion but that doesn't make it right or wrong.
Im not here to make enemies or create drama. If i wanted that i would go join the facebook groups.

So if we can all move past all this petty school yard bickering BS I will be more than happy to answer any and all questions. If not then I will just move on from the post.

Seriously dude your calling me rude and yet since your first reply you have done nothing but make assumptions and be extremely judgemental. You're sitting here saying that I'm a kid and asking if my parents are going allow and pay for stuff. You can say no offense all you want but to me that's rude. You're also going off on a rant about how I have been asked repeatedly for a care plan....I have been asked ONCE and that was when Brody posted the questionnaire. and yes I admit I over looked that until a later date but I have a company to run and a 18month old daughter to take care of so I can't jump on the forum every second.
That picture of the cage that you're assuming my chams are suffering in is over a week old. I received no feed back here so I went else where for answers.
I understand that it is your opinion that people that haven't kept chams before should not be given eggs. Which is fine because you're entitled to your opinion but that doesn't make it right or wrong.
Im not here to make enemies or create drama. If i wanted that i would go join the facebook groups.

So if we can all move past all this petty school yard bickering BS I will be more than happy to answer any and all questions. If not then I will just move on from the post.

Well, once again, with lack of information all we can do is assume.

I fully agree, I tend to lack Tack, but it was not my intention to be rude to you at all. I don't sugarcoat stuff, I am blunt, and to the point always, some people don't care for that, but it's who I am.

I also, did just mention, I don't know why you were not given critique on that Enclosure, I fully commend you for trying to get critique, and am Glad to hear you got it elsewhere.

I asked you again, maybe you did not see it, and a little more directly than the questionnaire.

1. What type of lighting are you using with the babies, the cage is fine, for now size wise but it needs more plants and proper lighting.
Ideally they would each have their own, but I realize that is not always possible.

2. What are you feeding them, did someone else where give you a proper diet?

Really that's All I care about right now. To ensure they are fine for now, and we can deal with the rest later.

The reason, I don't think it's a good idea, to give eggs to a beginner, and so does every other breeder you will find on this site. Is because they are EXTREMELY fragile, and sometimes just die, no fault of your own. Even a few days without improper lighting, or feeding could have long lasting health effects if not death.

I never meant that as an Insult to you, at all, I clarified that multiple times. I wish you lots of luck with the babies, and as long as your care is correct, if they or some do die, don't let it get to you.

Honestly, no offense to everyone I know it's easy to get caught up. But I think this your friend set you up for failure (not on purpose) and we just intesfied that. And my coming off as rude, likely did not help, so for that I am sorry.
There should have been a rundown for you, the day you posted the cage.

Back
Top Bottom