egg crates

I'd like to know too, I don't want to have to pay (at least a lot) for them. My boyfriend works at McDonald's so I told him to steal a bunch of cup holders for me, we'll see tonight if he could get away with it ;)

Are you asking about them for roaches? Maybe go to a few different fast food places and ask if you can have 1 or 2 (or more if they are ok with it)

I had the lady at the work cafeteria set aside the ones they would normally throw away and ended up with a stack 6' tall after 2 weeks. I am not sure how many are there but that is after getting rid of any that had egg on them. I love free stuff:D

http://www.mypetchicken.com/catalog/Egg-Cartons-c14.aspx is a decent place to get them.
EDIT: never mind, looks like that site changed. :(
There are a few websites you can look at.

Also, ask your local restaurants if they have any left over. Might want to be careful, though, they may not be too clean. Not sure how to get around that tbh.

If all else fails, check Freecycle or craigslist. I moderate my local freecycle and we have posts from time to time of people offering them and they go pretty fast.

A visit to your local fruit & veg market will score you plenty of stuff like this, they throw away heaps.

Egg_Tray-fruit_Tray-fruit_Packaging-pulp_Mold-egg_Box.jpg

fruit-tray-g004-892.jpg

i have used toiloet paper and paper towel rolls they work great you can just pick them up and shake out the crickets, plus they r alway around LoL. and now i never get yelled at for not changing the roll haha

i have used toiloet paper and paper towel rolls they work great you can just pick them up and shake out the crickets, plus they r alway around LoL. and now i never get yelled at for not changing the roll haha

I've been trying to do this for the past couple days but I need a lot more pretty quick and toilet paper/ paper towels aren't being used fast enough

I'd go ask at your local Chinese, Thai, or even Mexican restaurants. I am sure they buy eggs in bulk and dispose of the crates...coming to think about it, maybe any restaurant will do!... :)

Howdy,

1.) My neighbor leaves her used egg crates on my doorstep about once a week.

2.) My local breakfast establishment gave me a stack of about 20-30 of the big crates. It took me years but I'm down to about 2 left :eek:.

If I were you, I'd hit-up a local restaurant (after eating breakast there :)) and see if they would give you some or maybe they'd save-up a stack for you. You won't go through very many. You'll probably change-out the crate maybe once every couple of months. Of course, there's always "dumpster diving" :eek:.

I'd go ask at your local Chinese, Thai, or even Mexican restaurants. I am sure they buy eggs in bulk and dispose of the crates...coming to think about it, maybe any restaurant will do!... :)

I used to work in pubs/restaurants and they always threw hundreds of eggs worth of crates out a week.

If not most world food stores sell eggs in bulk and usually have big egg crates left over at the end of the week.

Hope this helps.

I just save all our paper towel and toilet paper cardboard tubes and cardboard egg crate from our own household use, and I ask all of our nearby relatives to do the same, and I have the custodians at my kids schools saving cardboard tubes for me also.

I think I've decided I like the tubes best after using both for years. The tubes make collection much easier- just grab a tube and shake it into a large cup.

i went to a restraunt and noticed that they had the drink carriers by the fountain machine.......i took some:cool:

Back
Top Bottom