Egg Binding

emily12305

Do you think my chameleon could be egg bound? She has never laid an egg in her life (she’s around 3 or 4) but recently she’s been very lethargic and sleeping/closing her eyes a lot. She also seems to be sucking in (pictured). She’s not bloated out at the bottom, she just isn’t releasing her breath and when she does, she looks normal.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I see you answered the husbandry questions in this thread..
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/old-age-and-eyes.175620/#post-1571299

You said you can't afford a vet...but whatever is going on with her isn't something we can figure out here IMHO. Why not talk to a vet and see if he/she will work out a payment plan for you?
I guess I could try to call a vet. My mom just keeps saying she won’t take a chameleon to the vet and if it’s her time, it’s her time. My mom is a hospice nurse. She believes that if the animal/person seems like it’s dying, then it’s just their time and that’s it.

I guess I could try to call a vet. My mom just keeps saying she won’t take a chameleon to the vet and if it’s her time, it’s her time. My mom is a hospice nurse. She believes that if the animal/person seems like it’s dying, then it’s just their time and that’s it.
I’m a hospice nurse and respectfully disagree with that line of reasoning. By this reasoning, all who get sick should just be left for nature to take it’s course as it’s ’their time’ to die. Not to mention, hospice is about maintaining comfort for those who are dying.

UPDATE: She has healed 100% and is back to normal. Idk what it was, definitely wasn’t an infection. I replaced her UVB bulb and gave her a different type of basking light. Also started giving Vit A. She has opened her eyes and is acting her normal self. Eating crickets and is as happy as ever.

Good to hear that she's ok now.
Do you have an egg bin in her cage?
How much are you feeding her in a week?
Can you post a photo of her now please?

Back
Top Bottom