Eeek!

swick

I got brave and tried to hand feed Fritz a superworm today. I couldn't do it. If taming him means having to let one of those things crawl on my had it wont happen. I can handle the crickets but the worm was too creepy :eek:

Sarah
1.0 Nosy be

Pick up some silkworms and hornworms the chances of one of them biting you is slim to none. They're both just squishy and I cant really even feel them moving around on my hand when I hand feed :)

I got brave and tried to hand feed Fritz a superworm today. I couldn't do it. If taming him means having to let one of those things crawl on my had it wont happen. I can handle the crickets but the worm was too creepy :eek:

Sarah
1.0 Nosy be

Don't feel bad. I have a very hard time holding the tiny super worms. I have no problem holding the wax worms, butter worms, or phoenix worms but I have issues with supers, silks, and horn worms. :D

I usually hold them in tweezers. Not that I'm squeamish, but the can bite!

I have tried the tweezers, and he seems to be more afraid of them than me, if possible. And I know he is trusting me more, he now lets me pet his tail and will wrap it around my finger :) which is a start.
Sarah
1.0 Nosy Be

Pick up some silkworms and hornworms the chances of one of them biting you is slim to none. They're both just squishy and I cant really even feel them moving around on my hand when I hand feed :)

I am planning on getting some silks and horns soon, he is still a little boy, so I want him to get a little bigger before I get the horns.

try a hopper/locust and hold it by its large hind legs?

I need to get a bigger hopper, lately the ones I get are so tiny he ends up eating 15 or so a day, but I wanted to wait a little longer till I move up a size.

Back
Top Bottom