Edema

Bazelthechameleon

Avid Member
Bazel has quite a bit of puffiness under his chest and I’m concerned it’s an edema. However, his supplementation hasn’t changed since he was a baby so I don’t know what could’ve caused it. My UVB has been changed recently. Should I take a break from vitamins with D3 for a bit and see if it goes away?

Can you send a current pic? What supplements are you using? For now I would cut back on the supplements as well and see if it improves. Also, is he pooping regularly? Edema can be caused by a number of things but usually supplement related.

Can you send a current pic? What supplements are you using? For now I would cut back on the supplements as well and see if it improves. Also, is he pooping regularly? Edema can be caused by a number of things but usually supplement related.
I use Reptivite Reptile vitamins with D3 and Reptiles Calcium with no D3. He is pooping regularly. Here are some pics.
8A54F716-A4F3-4658-84C4-BADF6EE6957B.jpeg
8BCB51E7-0335-47A6-884C-590200518F3C.jpeg
0CC0448E-EEAB-4A74-B8A6-47F9AF07ED5E.jpeg

Its a little puffy.... I would try switching your multivitamin to repashy calcium plus LoD version. It is a better multivitamin than the reptivite.

Are you adding any bee pollen to him directly?

I like the combination of Reptical without D3 every feeding and RepashyLoD once or twice a month depending on species. If it is edema use the RepashyLoD once a month, it will take some time for the swelling to go away.
I agree with @SteveH, this is my supplementation schedule as well.

Back
Top Bottom