edema ?

bluevapor

just wanted to check and get my head right,neck swelling would be too much vitamin a so you would need to cut back on dusting or gutloading with foods high in vitamin a right? what is the most common symtom of not enough?

Can you post a picture please?
What species?

Vitamin A from beta carotene sources shouldn't cause any problems.

Is the chameleon getting any preformed vitamin A? What are you dusting with and how often? What are you gutloading with?

pic

here is a pic of her,all three get the same feeders but she is the only one like this ,i dont use supplements that much,my feeders are gutloaded with(romain,carrots,sweet potatoes,baby cereal,bread,)i notice it when shes sitting bunched up like this,do you think there is a problem or is she getting fat?

Attachments

• picresized_th_1226408278_HPIM0861.jpg
    picresized_th_1226408278_HPIM0861.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 216
That is not fat.

BlueVapor,

That is not fat. It seems like she has a bad case of gular edema. What supplements do you use and how often? I would also make sure she's getting enough hydration as well. Give me a call at 571-437-0642 and I can go over some DIY home remedies.

Vince

I know Vince answered your question but this is what I have done, and what was reccomended by Dr.Greek :) Give her extra hydration, take her off all the other supplements besides calcium, and put her outside more frequently.

Back
Top Bottom