Eating....

Kittyrocc

Hi my male veiled is 4 months old....he's eating like a little piglet:p....

is there a limit as to how much I should feed him?

When he wakes up the first thing he does is yawn and eats 4-5 crickets...

I don't know if they can eat as much as they want or should I limit his cricket intake?

At four months old pretty much feed him as much as he wants! My cham at 4 months ate between 15-20 1/4 inch crickets. What size are you feeding him? 4-5 does not seem like many at all at that age.

At four months old pretty much feed him as much as he wants! My cham at 4 months ate between 15-20 1/4 inch crickets. What size are you feeding him? 4-5 does not seem like many at all at that age.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear... when he wakes up he goes and devours 4-5 but about 1 hour later he's eaten about 10 and by the end of the day he has eaten 20-25..... I was just worried he might over do it... he has also doubled in size since I brought him home (2/12/10)

the crickets are about 1/4 inch...

From what I have read...You can over feed them and cause them to develop too quickly. You should feed them all they can take in like 5 minutes or so.
Try and find the "raising kitty" blog. Good info in there. Id link ya but I'm on my phone.

I don't think it will bother him, just make sure he isn't getting fat and that you don't over supplement. At that age they are growing fast and wil pretty much eat what ever is available.

From what I have read...You can over feed them and cause them to develop too quickly. You should feed them all they can take in like 5 minutes or so.
Try and find the "raising kitty" blog. Good info in there. Id link ya but I'm on my phone.

I will definetly look at that blog... I free range his crickets... so I let him basically hunt them.... I think he would probably eat the screen if I only put 4-5 crickets in there (lol).... but I was feeding him 10 crickets but I noticed that by 3 or 4 pm he's was searching for more so... now he's up to 20 or so a day...

Back
Top Bottom