Eating

Mountain Dragon

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello! So my chameleon is about 4 and 1/2 months old and he eats about 10 crickets and 3 calci worms a day when should I start slowing down his food supply? He is doing super well just to let everyone know!!

I don't know if I remember correctly but I think at a year of age. I think six months might have a slight reduction in feed, and adult colors can start to appear. I honestly don't remember right now though as I least had to worry about it 4 years ago.

Just checked the Panther caresheets, and prey size increases in size until one year of age, at which point the amount fed is reduced. Might be different for some species though.

You can cut to every second day first at about 4 or 5 months and then cut down on the number of insects as they approach adulthood. Times are hare dot pinpoint because they all grow at different rates.

It's more important with females because of the egg laying.
With males you just want them to be healthy weight...not fat and not skinny.

Imo I would let him eat all he can until he is around 7 months ( as mentioned all chams are different) so not a bad idea to keep a weight check. I'm no expert but with all my dogs I always keep an eye on body frames if that makes sense. Then lower the amount of feeders as he will be eating bigger then bang he's 1 then I would go to every other day just my opinion

Back
Top Bottom