Eating woodlike stuff or fake rocks

ashleyyhobson

Hi new here, and I have an 8 month old male panther, and I'll catch him doing this on the stock of this plant for like 20 minutes sometimes and won't stop , I caught him doing it to a fake rock bowl that I would feed him in but removed it and I'm not sure if this is normal or means something, any advice or tips would be awesome

Your probably right I've tried to change the file but it just won't let me upload , here is a picture

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230530_151751_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230530_151751_Gallery.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 44
Yeah I uploaded a video there but not sure how to share , someone will be able to enlighten us both , 😀 do you have a picture of your full enclosure, panthers aren't usually know for eating stuff ,

These are the brands I'm using and I mist every morning and night before lights and the temp gage is what it is in the day, usually 60 in humidity

Attachments

• Snapchat-138780108.jpg
    Snapchat-138780108.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Snapchat-1264488706.jpg
    Snapchat-1264488706.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Snapchat-960354487.jpg
    Snapchat-960354487.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 44
These are the brands I'm using and I mist every morning and night before lights and the temp gage is what it is in the day, usually 60 in humidity
Ok so the bulb on the left is not correct ( as they do not provide the correct uvb for a chameleon you will want a long linear tube like a zoomed t5 ho5% or an arcadia t5 6%

Attachments

• 20230521_212656.jpg
    20230521_212656.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 36
Ok so the bulb on the left is not correct ( as they do not provide the correct uvb for a chameleon you will want a long linear tube like a zoomed t5 ho5% or an arcadia t5 6%
It came with the tank I bought "for chameleons" but I have been watching videos and knew something wasn't right and couldn't figure out what light I needed , so THANKYOU !, I have only had him about 6 to 7 weeks so I'm still figuring stuff out

It came with the tank I bought "for chameleons" but I have been watching videos and knew something wasn't right and couldn't figure out what light I needed , so THANKYOU !, I have only had him about 6 to 7 weeks so I'm still figuring stuff out
Your welcome this big company ( zoomed) sells the wrong kit and even the wrong information on there site for chameleons, chameleon academy and Neptune the chameleon you tube have tons of great info. which is correct ,I would also get rid of the fake plants if possible and provide all real plants ( it takes time to get stuff right) but you couldn't be in a better place the members on here are the best , filling out a full husbandry form is the best way forward as there can be multiple reasons for your boys behaviour and knowing as much possible is a great way to understand him ,his enclosure and getting things tip top

You can also use a regular 60 watt bulb. It doesn’t have to be ‘for reptiles’ just make sure it isn’t the led one that doesn’t put off heat. I bought reptile ones before I found this out and it would have saved me some money.

It’s normal for Panther chameleons to chew on the bark of branches…but it’s not good that he’s chewing on a rock bowl or the cane plants IMHO.
it’s not known why they chew on the things for sure yet…hopefully it will be figured out one day. In the meantime, we need to make sure they don’t chew on things that could harm them….like toxic branches, etc.

Attachments

• Meller 5 22.jpg
    Meller 5 22.jpg
    407.6 KB · Views: 42
Back
Top Bottom