Eating Dirt

My baby veiled has been trying to eat dirt from her pots so I put rocks on top of the dirt and she has been moving the rocks? She picks them up with her tongue and then drops it. I just got calcium without d3 today so I hope that helps. While she was moving the rocks I went to feed her crickets and she turned this color. She stays on her basking branch all day except when she goes to her feeding cup, sleep, or to eat dirt. Help

Attachments

• DDDBCB67-8BCF-4072-8D13-F4818BEB58BB.png
    DDDBCB67-8BCF-4072-8D13-F4818BEB58BB.png
    911.5 KB · Views: 79
Okay... Eating dirt is not good (but you probably already know this). Rocks are good. If she’s moving them, get bigger ones.

I’d also be concerned for her tongue... if she’s trying to reel in the rocks, she could damage it.

Yeah so you literally have to cover all the soil with 1 inch or larger rock... so that there is no soil visible.

What are the supplements your using? Can you post a picture of them? The calcium with D3 should only be used 2 times a month.

Yeah so you literally have to cover all the soil with 1 inch or larger rock... so that there is no soil visible.

What are the supplements your using? Can you post a picture of them? The calcium with D3 should only be used 2 times a month.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 65
So your calcium plus already has Calcium with D3. You would not use any more D3... Only the two you have in the image.

the repashy 2 times a month say the first and 15th then at all other feedings the calcium without d3.

Back
Top Bottom