Eating concern

Chamellionare

Chameleon Info:
* Your Chameleon - Panther, Male, He's close to 7 months. Jan 21,2017
* Handling - 1 once a week.
* Feeding - He's eating crickets, meal worms, and horn worms a few times. Crickets 10 total. Meal worms 6. For the crickets 5 in the morning then 5 in the afternoon. Crickets are eating Flukes dry food and water. Also added shredded carrot pieces. Meal Worms added carrot pieces.
* Supplements - Repti calcium with D3 and without D3. Also a multivitamin just can't remember the brand.
* Watering - I use drinking water. I have a mistking set up on the cage. Yes he drinks water.
* Fecal Description - His constant colors are green with blue markings. Never been tested for parasites.
* History - Nothing to note.

Cage Info:
* Cage Type - Screen 16x16x30 zoo med
* Lighting - Zoo med 24" ubv light. And a heating bulb. Both ubv and heating light turn on at 7a.mvand turn off at 7p.m
* Temperature - 75-80f duo humidity and temp gage.
* Humidity - 75
* Plants - Im using 3 plants. 2 ficus and 1 schefla.
* Placement - Next to a door which is next to a couch on a table. I would say it's about 48" top of cage to the floor. There's a ceiling fan in the room.
* Location - So cal.

Current Problem - My Cham has stopped eating his food period (Crickets & Meal worms) It's going on 5 days now. He's drinking water still and pooping. His poop is solid with the normal urates. He's showing no signs of shedding either.

Attachments

• IMG_1354.JPG
    IMG_1354.JPG
    182.5 KB · Views: 84
He's pretty big for seven months of age. Looks healthy too.

Is the temperature in the basking area only 80F?
Do you have a substrate in the cage?
You've only had him since Jan. 21??
Has anything in his area changed in the last few days?

Regarding husbandry...
You didnt say how often you use each supplement.
Do you have a dripper set up?
Your feeding/gutloading the insects needs improvement IMHO. I use a wide assortment of greens and veggies such as dandelion greens, collards, make, endive, escarole, squash, sweet potato, sweet red pepper, zucchini, carrot, etc and a small amount of fruit such as berries, pear, melon, apple.

Last edited:
He's pretty big for seven months of age. Looks healthy too.
Is the temperature in the basking area only 80F?
Do you have a substrate in the cage?
You've only had him since Jan. 21??

He's going to be 7 close to the end of the month. Yes I purchased him on Jan 21st. His basking spot is 85-90 in temp. No substrate.

He's going to be 7 close to the end of the month. Yes I purchased him on Jan 21st. His basking spot is 85-90 in temp. No substrate.
I didn't see the rest of the message but yes he does have a dripper on there. I just recently moved his cage from a higher table to a lower table and location. He used to be by 2 windows. I'll definitely start adding more greens on to the feeders. I use calcium without D3 at every feeding. Calcium with D3 2s a month same goes for his multivitamins.

It's possible the cage being moved could have upset him. Is it in a different spot or just on a lower table?
It could be his age too...at that age with his size I would have started feeding him every second day.

It's possible the cage being moved could have upset him. Is it in a different spot or just on a lower table?
It could be his age too...at that age with his size I would have started feeding him every second day.
It's acutually both. He was moved from one corner to another but the table is definitely shorter from the previous one. Prior to the 5 days of him not eating. He was eating after I moved his cage.

Back
Top Bottom