Easier spiecies???

jacksontrident

Okay i know, rule #1. No chameleon is ever EASY to take care of, but which, in your personal opinion, is easier?

Jacksons or panthers?

Might depend where you live. i.e. If you live in a warmer dry place, a jackson might be a poor /harder choice.

But I vote panthers, simply because more people have them so more help is available.

I've never had a Jackson but know they can be a little more difficult that a Panther. I'm with Sandra and vote Panther.

I live in colorado and in the summer it can be quite a challenge keeping the temp in his room down :/
And do panthers require more or kess humidity than jacksons?

Panther hands down.

Ive put way more effort, into trying to keep my jackson alive by FAR.

After a year, I still cant seem to get it 100% right. ;/

My panther, well he pretty much runs himself compared to my jackson. :rolleyes:

I dont even "worry" about him honestly, my jackson, I worry about constantly. ;/

They are not really "harder" though, Id say their bodies appear to be much less "forgiving" of our errors though.

Panther hands down.

Ive put way more effort, into trying to keep my jackson alive by FAR.

After a year, I still cant seem to get it 100% right. ;/

My panther, well he pretty much runs himself compared to my jackson. :rolleyes:

I dont even "worry" about him honestly, my jackson, I worry about constantly. ;/

They are not really "harder" though, Id say their bodies appear to be much less "forgiving" of our errors though.

I will second this.

I had two jax babies. one died, al lbecause I brought her to work to ship her off to another member.

My panther, has been shipped to me, gone to the vet, been in and out of his cage (which pissed him off) for medication, and to fix prolapses.. and hes going strong.

Hum, I guess I am the odd one out... but I have had more ease keeping Jacksons. However both are a pretty good beginner species. Just obviously Panthers get a lot bigger and can have more of a attitude.... panthers seem more sensitive to me I guess... Also with Jacksons you can keep a few females to one male in a very large enclosure and you could never dream of doing that with panthers... however I have heard of people keeping two female panther together... still seems risky to me though.

I live in colorado and in the summer it can be quite a challenge keeping the temp in his room down :/
And do panthers require more or kess humidity than jacksons?

:D :D Me too! They only sell Jackson's here because we tend to have cooler temps (but crappy humidity). Veileds, overall, are the hardiest and probably "easiest" to take care of. Depends on where you are though. If you live in a more humid and warm state like the Florida or Georgia or the South, a panther is probably best. If you live in a humid and mid-range temp place like the West Coast, a veiled is probably the best. If you live in a cooler place like the mountains, a Jackson's may be best. Most of it depends on how willing you are to take care of it and which one you want most. I probably got the only veiled in Colorado at the moment!! :D

Just a word of advice too... If this is your first cham...

Do NOT get a baby. Babies are VERY fragile and require MUCH attention. They are little piggies too :). They will also outgrow their cage soon (within about 6 - 12 months), and it is best not to start to big with a baby.

Back
Top Bottom