Early signs of mouth rot?

Cirez11

Girlfriend and I just came back from a 4 day trip and i am wondering if when we left, our boy YOSHI's mouth was already like this, is this normal coloration for a chameleons mouth or is this the beginning of some type of mouth rot? I had family members coming to mist and feed all days morning and night so i am unsure what may have happened.. Managed to get some pictures so maybe someone can lend some knowledge and save me a vet trip!

Attachments

• IMG_9742.jpeg
    IMG_9742.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_9743.jpeg
    IMG_9743.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 47
Just more so wondering if the color of the inside of the mouth is normal? Or if it calls for concern

Hard for me to see as well. Are you concerned about the yellow coloring? If so that is normal in panthers.

Yes i was concerned that maybe his mouth should be pink and not that yellowish color, i tried googling to figure it out myself but i see a mix of pictures stating different things. Just want to make sure he's healthy and well coming back from my trip and the yellow coloration was something i cant recall seeing

Yes i was concerned that maybe his mouth should be pink and not that yellowish color, i tried googling to figure it out myself but i see a mix of pictures stating different things. Just want to make sure he's healthy and well coming back from my trip and the yellow coloration was something i cant recall seeing
Yellow coloring to the mouth is normal. Some locales have more intense yellow. Then the tongue is a pale pink. If you see black or darkening and swelling that is mouth rot.

Look at this picture https://www.chameleonforums.com/media/big-yawn.55407/

Back
Top Bottom