Earliest your Veiled Chameleon has laid?

ChameleonRave

Avid Member
Well last night when I got home from school at about 5 pm, I seen that Delilah has dug a test hole, and today is her 26th day of being gravid. is this good or bad?
Zac

That's normal. My Veileds always lay between 21-28 days from the time they start to show gravid coloration.

she never showed gravid coloration. shes showing darker colors now that shes digging, shes not eating and she dug further into her hole today while i was at school. shes still got her eggs in her ^_^

ahhh! i just noticed that i am now a senior member :) thanks to whoever :)

How do you know how long she has been gravid if she hasn't shown gravid coloration?

How do you know how long she has been gravid if she hasn't shown gravid coloration?

Clea never showed gravid coloration except right after she was done being mated. Since then until she laid...she never showed gravid colors or went off food. Maybe because she wasn't exactly 12 months? It took 52 days after mating for Clea to lay.

Zac-How old is your girl and did you breed her with Darwin?:eek:

I bred her on January 9th, 2011, she never showed complete gravid coloration, she showed very dark greens with speckling blue with a mixture of yellowish orange stripes, she hisses and tries to bite the male, and she is digging in the same hole she made since yesterday. today has been day 26. since breeding.

I bred her on January 9th, 2011, she never showed complete gravid coloration, she showed very dark greens with speckling blue with a mixture of yellowish orange stripes, she hisses and tries to bite the male, and she is digging in the same hole she made since yesterday. today has been day 26. since breeding.

Its NOT impossible for them to do this and act like that. All girls are different in both animal world and human world:p

Oh, I see. The mating day isn't always the best marker for when they become gravid. That female I had was with the male for almost a week and then took another week before she showed off her gravid colors.

thats exactly what I was thinking, not every chameleon will be the same. shes showing more dark colors and is turning more of a mustard yellow/orange.

The fact that shes showing more dark colors and is turning more of a mustard yellow/orange is ok. I highly doubt that they change darker color right before they lay. Highly doubt it. If they will show gravid coloration they will show it all the way from when they first get those colors...to when they lay. I don't think they get dark, then light,...and so on.

Shes been staying her darker colors all week. especially the last two days, I'm just waiting for her to lay her eggs. shes dug a tunnel, and she hasn't laid yet, probably tomorrow, its her only hole, i keep the blanket around her cage for privacy and make sure nothing/no one goes into my room while i'm gone just in case she happens to be digging or laying her eggs. I have just gotten the incubator all set up and have already started to buy some baby supplies. (bins, lights, plants and building baby cages.)

Shes been staying her darker colors all week. especially the last two days, I'm just waiting for her to lay her eggs. shes dug a tunnel, and she hasn't laid yet, probably tomorrow, its her only hole, i keep the blanket around her cage for privacy and make sure nothing/no one goes into my room while i'm gone just in case she happens to be digging or laying her eggs. I have just gotten the incubator all set up and have already started to buy some baby supplies. (bins, lights, plants and building baby cages.)

You said......"I have just gotten the incubator all set up"
Why not just buy vermiculite or hatchrite and keep the eggs in a shoebox container or 2 depending on how many eggs you have? It is ALOT easier and what if something goes wrong in the incubator?

And Zac i dont wanna come off rude but I REALLY hope you can handle all those babies and care for them. Coming from a kid around your age.....its a lot of work. Sometimes i would worry ALL DAY about them while i wasn't at home. They require soo much work. I wish you lived closer so i can help.

You said......"I have just gotten the incubator all set up"
Why not just buy vermiculite or hatchrite and keep the eggs in a shoebox container or 2 depending on how many eggs you have? It is ALOT easier and what if something goes wrong in the incubator?

And Zac i dont wanna come off rude but I REALLY hope you can handle all those babies and care for them. Coming from a kid around your age.....its a lot of work. Sometimes i would worry ALL DAY about them while i wasn't at home. They require soo much work. I wish you lived closer so i can help.

I want to use just the plastic shoe box idea, but it gets SOcold here and i don't want anything to happen to them. Thanks for the concern it will be hard, but i'm up for the challenge, I have my mothers support, and other family members and friends the owner of the petshop is helping me out a lot, it would be way easier if there was someone from the forums with experience around me.

They can dig for more than a day...sometimes up to a week....before laying the eggs. She has to be satisfied with the tunnel. When she is she will turn around butt down ....likely in the evening...and lay the eggs, fill in the hole and tamp it down and return to the branches...hungry and thirsty. After she returns to the branches, you can dig the eggs up.

Patience!

They can dig for more than a day...sometimes up to a week....before laying the eggs. She has to be satisfied with the tunnel. When she is she will turn around butt down ....likely in the evening...and lay the eggs, fill in the hole and tamp it down and return to the branches...hungry and thirsty. After she returns to the branches, you can dig the eggs up.

Patience!

I'm good with patience, haha. She is very interested in the hole she has started to dig. I will update tomorrow after i get home from school.

Zac also thanks for all the help and advice!

Back
Top Bottom