Earliest Time You've Had Eggs Hatch?

ChameleonAlley

I've got some panther eggs I've had incubating for exactly 6 months and 3 days. I checked them today and one is sweating. This is both exciting but also making me a little apprehensive. Anybody had eggs hatch this early or earlier? I would love to hear some of your quickest incubation times.

The eggs incubating look healthy, large, and very white. I hope they are hatching, but I'm a little worried because of my last clutch and because it's only been 6 months.

Thanks all! :)

im not sure how long incubating time is, but that sounds a little too short too me. what are your incubating temps? i can honestly say i dont know too much about incubating, but i do know that higher temperatures lead to faster hatching but high mortality chance and undeveloped parts. temperatures cooler but still suitable will hatch the eggs a lot longer, but babies will come out healthy with usually a 100% sucess hatch rate

^^Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I've read that, too. I've had incubation temps steady at 74-75 with a possible slight fluctuation...but hardly any if any.

You might have broken the diapause early? Maybe someone can tell you with more certainty. When the diapause breaks and they all start developing at the same time they generally mass hatch. If only one or two babies come out, they must have started developing sooner than the others.

5 monthes

I've got some panther eggs I've had incubating for exactly 6 months and 3 days. I checked them today and one is sweating. This is both exciting but also making me a little apprehensive. Anybody had eggs hatch this early or earlier? I would love to hear some of your quickest incubation times.

The eggs incubating look healthy, large, and very white. I hope they are hatching, but I'm a little worried because of my last clutch and because it's only been 6 months.

Thanks all! :)

I have had several clutches hatch at five months with 100% hatch rate with no problems.

Low temps

Wow. Did you start them off at really low temps and then raise them or were they consistent temps?

yes i started at 69 for 30 to 45 days then bumped up 70/71 and the last 2 monthes 72/73 i never go any higher than 73.

Really appreciate the replies all. Thank you.

@ Lance- I remember reading a thread where you had a clutch hatch at an early date. I think it was like 5.5 or 6 months. Good to hear that this isn't abnormal. I wasn't sure if that was a fluke clutch or not. I was worrying about a premature clutch. Geez! 5 months is quick!

Good to hear that others have had some hatch out as early as this. After the last clutch, I've been worrying. They incubated for 9 months. This is the same females 2nd clutch, and they do seem healthier in appearance all around from her first clutch.

@ Michael Ryan- Thank you man! I hope things don't go the way they did before. I have good feelings about this clutch. :)

Hey ChameleonAlley, are the eggs from the Cham in your avatar? Just curious, is your avatar a nosy faly with a blue deficiency or am i being completely dumb? Hes stunning either way! Would love to see how the hatchlings develop if they are from him.

Perhaps i should have had a peek at your profile before asking a dumb question! lol. Hes a truly stunning Faly mate. You gotta hold back a baby male to see how they turn out!

I just wanted to post this picture and see what you all thought? This is the egg that started sweating yesterday. Is this large area that has gone transparent normal? I have heard of the "windows" or areas that look like "Vegetable oil" was spilled on the egg. Is it normal for the area to be this large on the egg? Thanks for any input.

newegg.jpg

Wow.:eek: We are excited and scared too. It is early on average. But yes this does happen Ive heard. Usally this is due to how you have your temps. Like raising them up over time. But maybe this is just their time.

It looks like the egg may be fixing to hatch. From that picture. You should see something happen soon. From what I understand you should have 24 hours or so.

We have our fingers crossed. Keep us posted. And hopefully get your waiting list ready.:D

:)Amanda & Lee

Wow.:eek: We are excited and scared too. It is early on average. But yes this does happen Ive heard. Usally this is due to how you have your temps. Like raising them up over time. But maybe this is just their time.

It looks like the egg may be fixing to hatch. From that picture. You should see something happen soon. From what I understand you should have 24 hours or so.

We have our fingers crossed. Keep us posted. And hopefully get your waiting list ready.:D

:)Amanda & Lee

Thank you both! I also can't thank you enough for all the messages and kind words when I was dealing with the last clutch. I was so stressssed through that whole ordeal. It was really cool of you all to take the time and message me. Helped me destress quite a bit.

I really hope I don't have another string of bad luck. All around these eggs look healthier than that last clutch. They are all relatively the same size whereas the last clutch had eggs all different sizes. I'm just worrying again because of the time and what happened last time. I'm praying to the chameleon gods that everything is going to be ok.

Hey Kevin, just wanted to say good luck! I hope things go well with this clutch. You got your pinheads and friutflies ready?

Back
Top Bottom