Dying Cham!!! No help No Advice No Answers SMH

110 degrees? not farenheight. Things would start melting at that point it is above boiling temperature for water, humans could not live in a room with that temperature people have been finding this heatwave of 32 degrees hot and old people have been dying because of it here. Plus they would get a massive electricity bill so I doubt 110 degrees is real temp.

Just jumping in here...sort of late. I scanned through all 58 of her posts from May 14th to now. That temp gauge is very inaccurate. If it were real the cham would be fried by now. Those can be turned by hand in the back and I would be positive that it is incorrect. She really needs to get a digital therm or an infrared temp gun to find out exactly what she has.
I would bet that the eye problem is from handling and something poked it. There's a chance the eye may be damaged beyond recovery. The lighting in those early pics looked ok. The cage may be a tad too small but not really bad. Just reading up on the links here and improvements in husbandry should bring it around as well as it can be. If it's lived this long, there is probably some hope yet! ;)

Very true, ha that Cham would have been dead a while ago.if that Cham has lived this long, it is a trooper and will probably pull thru with some adjustments, careful monitoring, and of course some love :)
Just jumping in here...sort of late. I scanned through all 58 of her posts from May 14th to now. That temp gauge is very inaccurate. If it were real the cham would be fried by now. Those can be turned by hand in the back and I would be positive that it is incorrect. She really needs to get a digital therm or an infrared temp gun to find out exactly what she has.
I would bet that the eye problem is from handling and something poked it. There's a chance the eye may be damaged beyond recovery. The lighting in those early pics looked ok. The cage may be a tad too small but not really bad. Just reading up on the links here and improvements in husbandry should bring it around as well as it can be. If it's lived this long, there is probably some hope yet! ;)

A uri is something that won't go away on its own. He needs antibiotics. Baytril is a well known antibiotic that a lot of us have used. While on it you need to up his fluids as it is hard on the kidneys but without it he may die. You need to put some trust in your vet now and follow instructions given. Your Cham may well be in pain as they can mask symptoms, pain being one of them. I don't know the drug mentioned but 0.01 ml is a tiny dose so why not give it? Keep us posted on how he is doing.:)
Thank you I will keep you guys posted for sure! I emailed someone on here as well and she said my cage is set up all wrong, I didn't know you needed so many plants, so therefore I am going to shop for some plants! My husbandry must br the reason why he is always sick and I know its name t my lights because I have the proper lighting as advice was given buts the actual set up! I will post a pic in my actual album on my profile page. I will definitely change up my husbandry tomorrow and add more sticks. I never knew that if he didbt have a lot of plants he can get sick! I will keep you updated on everything and I will continue to give him his meds both the antibiotics and the pain killer keep giving him lots of water and hand feeding him!

Good job seeing another vet,. This one sounds way more knowledge able than the last ha(night and day difference) listen to this vet for sure. Ive only been a Cham owner for a little bit now, (like 2 months)but every tiny piece of info I have learned has been from this site. And my Cham is very happy and healthy :) you just need to keep staying on top of it and your little one will pull thru!!
will do, and that's great this is why I come on here GREAT ADVICE at times, its just hard when you take someone's advice then someone says its wrong! I been threw a few of those, I just say take whatever else and see if it works out for my cham if it doesnt ask someone else. But apparently my husbandry is what has been makibg my cham ill. Will fix tomorrow though! Do you think that he is too sick to be eatibg strawberries, apples and other things for extra vitamin intake? he has only been eating mealworms lately because I have to hand feed him them with twissors, I dobt believe he is able to eat his crickets and I have 50 of them here gutloading them with carrots apples and greens!

Thank you hun, yes that was the temp a long time ago I believe my first post ehen he had an eye problem, I bought the cheapest temperature clock and it looked very cheap even the top of the glass cracked but from when I seen it I turned off that light it was a 10.0 UVB. I am not using the rep glow 5.0 now and basking buld 75w. I agree with you about my hhusbandry when I see others and mine looks nothing like that. My cage is one of the smallest ones yes it came with the cham. He is still young and yes if he is still living after all I have to be doing something right but what I need to do is fix the wrongs. Husbandry is first on my list tomorrow! Does anyonr know where to find plants, I have checked everywhere including walmart since I am in canada toronto and I can't find NONE!

Good job on everything keep it up. If you want him to stay alive he needs to be top on the priority list. Which it sound like he is:) for gut loading the crickets, that is a good start but needs a little work. I think that if you keep following the senior members advice and keep changing his enclosure until it's perfect he will be fine and start to recover. Just keep up with the meds and watering and feeding(meal worms arent the greatest, but if you gut load them they are better) look at other people's enclosures on here to get some ideas but keep in mind also that some plants can be harmful to your Cham. In my chams cage,2x2x4 reptibreeze, there is a umbrella plant,a croton, and a pothos plant. Any of those would be good, there is a safe plant list somewhere on here let me know if you need help finding it :)
Thank you hun, yes that was the temp a long time ago I believe my first post ehen he had an eye problem, I bought the cheapest temperature clock and it looked very cheap even the top of the glass cracked but from when I seen it I turned off that light it was a 10.0 UVB. I am not using the rep glow 5.0 now and basking buld 75w. I agree with you about my hhusbandry when I see others and mine looks nothing like that. My cage is one of the smallest ones yes it came with the cham. He is still young and yes if he is still living after all I have to be doing something right but what I need to do is fix the wrongs. Husbandry is first on my list tomorrow! Does anyonr know where to find plants, I have checked everywhere including walmart since I am in canada toronto and I can't find NONE!

Update!

My cham is doing great! He is loving his basking spot and now he is awake all day! he does not sleep no more threw the day and he is very active, both eyes are always open and to me he looks great! I noticed that his grip is definitely stronger then ever, I never knew he was that strong. Now to get himout the cage to feed him its harder to get him off the branch! He has come a long way but doing wonderful in the baytril and steam showers! I notice that he has a tiny bit of mouth rot starting in the conner of his mouth that I am actually surprised that the baytril didn't help it. He needs to go back to the vet after the meds are finished for an update, I will be mentioning this .... Other then that he is GREAT and recovering beautiful ....

My cham is doing great! He is loving his basking spot and now he is awake all day! he does not sleep no more threw the day and he is very active, both eyes are always open and to me he looks great! I noticed that his grip is definitely stronger then ever, I never knew he was that strong. Now to get himout the cage to feed him its harder to get him off the branch! He has come a long way but doing wonderful in the baytril and steam showers! I notice that he has a tiny bit of mouth rot starting in the conner of his mouth that I am actually surprised that the baytril didn't help it. He needs to go back to the vet after the meds are finished for an update, I will be mentioning this .... Other then that he is GREAT and recovering beautiful ....

That is fantastic news!!!!! I am so happy for you and your little man. Pictures please when you get a chance. :)

That is wonderful news. Having a chameleon turn the corner to becoming healthy is one of the best feelings in the hobby. Keep it up!

That is fantastic news!!!!! I am so happy for you and your little man. Pictures please when you get a chance. :)
Hey hun I have an album on my profile of his recovery! I missed a few days but I will put up a pic of him today I need to update his recovery album but feel free to go look. and maybe you would be able to tell me if he is starting to form mouth rot as well that would be get! But yes other then that he is in a speedy recovery and I am so happy

Mouthrot can turn bad quickly. He will need to have it cleaned out and be on antibiotics for a few days after.

Yes and mouth rot can look very slight but when you start cleaning out the affected areas you realize that there is a lot more puss than expected.

Wow, I am glad that the cham pulled through and is recovering. Going through this thread, I see so many members that jumped on you with their overly strong and hateful opinions. It is sad to see that there are uncouth members. I have been a part of many other forums and no matter where you go, there are always those type of people. Angry, aggressiveness or accusatory attitudes is not what is needed when we are trying to help save valuable pets. I wish your chameleon a full recovery and I want you to know that there are genuinely good people in this hobby. Keep us updated OP.

Mouthrot can turn bad quickly. He will need to have it cleaned out and be on antibiotics for a few days after.
Yes he has developed this, I am guess when he was very ill, I havr noticed a little difference the night that I took him to the vet nothing big! But now I have notice a big difference I called the vet and asked what I can ti in the meantine till I take him back for his 10 day check up and he told me to just keep his mouth as clean as I can with qtips and keep his husbandry clean! I go for my check up with my cham on Monday! But yes your right it does get worse fast!

Yes and mouth rot can look very slight but when you start cleaning out the affected areas you realize that there is a lot more puss than expected.
wow! Thanks for the heads up, and yes his lower jaw does not close! I have change his whole entire husbandry as I was told I didnt have it set up right I am gonna post pics in my album and hopefully u can give ur feedback on how it looked before and now!

Wow, I am glad that the cham pulled through and is recovering. Going through this thread, I see so many members that jumped on you with their overly strong and hateful opinions. It is sad to see that there are uncouth members. I have been a part of many other forums and no matter where you go, there are always those type of people. Angry, aggressiveness or accusatory attitudes is not what is needed when we are trying to help save valuable pets. I wish your chameleon a full recovery and I want you to know that there are genuinely good people in this hobby. Keep us updated OP.
Thank you so my sweetie I appreciate it I will definitely keep you updated! I know there a lot of ppl like that its just stressful to deal with that when all you want is help you know! but what can I say .... I have fix up his husbandry believing that he might have picked up mouth rot when he was ill. I cleaned his whole change out and re did his wgole environment, now I really hope he enjoys his home !!! I put so many branches in and so many thing he could climb when I put him back in the change it looked like ge didn't know where to start first it put a smile on my face for sure! Before he had one branch and a few vines hanging now I filled that cage right up u have to find him now. Another thing I got a digital thermometer tofay for his basking I dobt understand the reading!

Believe mouth rot starting now!

full

Last edited by a moderator:
The longer its left untreated the less chance there will be of saving the chameleon. The bacteria usually involved is a bad one.

Back
Top Bottom