Dying Cham!!! No help No Advice No Answers SMH

Well I apologize but some of the things you say are very contradicting.We give you advice, but you don't seem to follow it. Like I said, we told you the temps were too hot, and one month later you are filling out the form and stating your temps are still at 110. From what you are saying with the thick saliva and mouth being open, your chameleon sounds like it now has a respiratory infection. If left untreated, it will get worse and he will die. You stated 11 days he had thick saliva.
I always take ur advice! I take ur advice over my vet, I forgot to update all the info but his temps haven't been 110 in a long time! I can underatand the frustration it can have on you guys reading posts over and over from the same person with the same cham! I was told by someone what lights to get so I did that as fast as I could, I was tild ti mive the cage from the window and I did that as well, I take and put into action what advice is given to me for the sake and health of my cham! I love him and if I have to spend a next $600 on him I will ....ehe deserves a Good home and I will do everything in my power. Yes I believe that's what wrong with him. I was up last night till 2 in the morning reading about it and I also seen that is can be caused by bacteria in the cage which I wull be cleaning out. He has a vet appointment today and I will follow up with you to let you know what happens!

That's good with the shower, but meal worms are fatty but if that's the only thing he will eat that's ok slowly work him back onto crickets. Make sure that you gut load the crickets too. I use oranges, apples,mustard greens,butternut squash. And sometimes carrots and RED potato. You can find all those at any super market. If you research a little more you will fond that putting your Cham in the shower and move the shower head so the room temperature water/ slighty warmer, hits the shower wall and the mist hits your Cham. Be sure it is just the mist hitting your Cham and not the actual water.and I hope this vet can actually help you out this time. Good luck for you and your Cham!
He is doing well I believe I gave him 4 mealworms as well as water and put him in a steamed bathroom for about 20 minutes that was the moat active I have seen him in a while. My kids know better now then to go near the chamso eeverything done with the cham is by me! I was up till 2 laat night reading post and googling cham sickness abd I came across one that is the same as his symptoms! I will be taking him to the vet today! I googed veta last night abd found one 20 minutes away I am hoping this will be the vet for my cham!

If its true I feel bad for the cham and its owner...If its not...aaaah...Welcome to the internet people. Where everyone is a tacti-cool medic superhero vet. Women are men, men are fat men, and advice isnt worth a thing...unless its suspected to not be followed. At which point, all the superheroes awaken and begin to auto-correct spam the OP like crack and whiteout combined. OP I believe you. This is a forum though and the best that we can do is offer advice. The weight of this problem is on you and up to you to carry. Good luck finding a vet. Keep looking, give your area maybe someone experienced lives nearby.

That's good with the shower, but meal worms are fatty but if that's the only thing he will eat that's ok slowly work him back onto crickets. Make sure that you gut load the crickets too. I use oranges, apples,mustard greens,butternut squash. And sometimes carrots and RED potato. You can find all those at any super market. If you research a little more you will fond that putting your Cham in the shower and move the shower head so the room temperature water/ slighty warmer, hits the shower wall and the mist hits your Cham. Be sure it is just the mist hitting your Cham and not the actual water.and I hope this vet can actually help you out this time. Good luck for you and your Cham!
do you have an email so I am able to send you a pic of him ??? So you can see??? PM me

If its true I feel bad for the cham and its owner...If its not...aaaah...Welcome to the internet people. Where everyone is a tacti-cool medic superhero vet. Women are men, men are fat men, and advice isnt worth a thing...unless its suspected to not be followed. At which point, all the superheroes awaken and begin to auto-correct spam the OP like crack and whiteout combined. OP I believe you. This is a forum though and the best that we can do is offer advice. The weight of this problem is on you and up to you to carry. Good luck finding a vet. Keep looking, give your area maybe someone experienced lives nearby.
Thank you! I wish I can post a pic of him but I am on my phone and have no computer! BUTTT he is loving his basketing spot, I bought him a new bulb today I didn't like the blue bulb it was pretty hot. I will find out what's wrong wih him though, he seems more alert with this heating light and I know its going to take time to heal and get better! But why does the doom cover get so hot with the heating light in?

I have hun more then enough for someone who has only bought him in February or march! But I am going to the vet today hopefully I will get some one who is educated with reptiles/chameleons

I would be i wouldn't be able to do much and it would probably just make me sad :(. But get in touch with a good vet and they should tell you what he needs. Which will most likely be a lot. But if you said your willing to do what ever than you should your going to need a good vet, period.
do you have an email so I am able to send you a pic of him ??? So you can see??? PM me

The only way your Cham could have been getting worse after the vet is poor husbandry.......

Actually I disagree with this. Taking a cham to an inexperienced vet can very easily make the problem worse, husbandry or not! We've definitely seen evidence of that!

110 degrees? not farenheight. Things would start melting at that point it is above boiling temperature for water, humans could not live in a room with that temperature people have been finding this heatwave of 32 degrees hot and old people have been dying because of it here. Plus they would get a massive electricity bill so I doubt 110 degrees is real temp.

Actually I disagree with this. Taking a cham to an inexperienced vet can very easily make the problem worse, husbandry or not! We've definitely seen evidence of that!
I agree when I took him to this women vet she gave me all the wrong info for his husbandry and gave me ointment for his eye which never did anything but make it worse so I can agree with you!

I would be i wouldn't be able to do much and it would probably just make me sad :(. But get in touch with a good vet and they should tell you what he needs. Which will most likely be a lot. But if you said your willing to do what ever than you should your going to need a good vet, period.
He has been to the vet in pickery and they said he has URI and now on Baytril every 24 hours for 10 days and also gave ne pain meds as well the same kind of meds as I had for him before I am not to sure if I want to give him then after the first time the vet put him on them he was very week and sleeping constantly u believe its to strong the pain meds are Torbugesic 0.01 ml every 5 hours to me that's a bit to much for a little guy! He said that chams can ve going threw alit of pain without showing it! That they gide pain well! Is is ture? anyways I been hime for 2 days taking care if him hopefully he will recover!

He has been to the vet in pickery and they said he has URI and now on Baytril every 24 hours for 10 days and also gave ne pain meds as well the same kind of meds as I had for him before I am not to sure if I want to give him then after the first time the vet put him on them he was very week and sleeping constantly u believe its to strong the pain meds are Torbugesic 0.01 ml every 5 hours to me that's a bit to much for a little guy! He said that chams can ve going threw alit of pain without showing it! That they gide pain well! Is is ture? anyways I been hime for 2 days taking care if him hopefully he will recover!

A uri is something that won't go away on its own. He needs antibiotics. Baytril is a well known antibiotic that a lot of us have used. While on it you need to up his fluids as it is hard on the kidneys but without it he may die. You need to put some trust in your vet now and follow instructions given. Your Cham may well be in pain as they can mask symptoms, pain being one of them. I don't know the drug mentioned but 0.01 ml is a tiny dose so why not give it? Keep us posted on how he is doing.:)

Good job seeing another vet,. This one sounds way more knowledge able than the last ha(night and day difference) listen to this vet for sure. Ive only been a Cham owner for a little bit now, (like 2 months)but every tiny piece of info I have learned has been from this site. And my Cham is very happy and healthy :) you just need to keep staying on top of it and your little one will pull thru!!

She said the vet told her it needed to be this temp. I know hard to believe, but I saw a photo of her tempurature gauge, and it said 110..........
110 degrees? not farenheight. Things would start melting at that point it is above boiling temperature for water, humans could not live in a room with that temperature people have been finding this heatwave of 32 degrees hot and old people have been dying because of it here. Plus they would get a massive electricity bill so I doubt 110 degrees is real temp.

This may be a lesson to many either new Chameleon owners or prospective buyers. I never even thought about whether there are any vets around me that would have any idea what to do. I'm sorry for you and your situation, and even sadder for your chameleon. I hope things change quickly.

Back
Top Bottom