Dumb Website Question?

Quinnbys

Hey folks,

I noticed there is a Blog Feature to this forum. Can anyone write one? Or do you need a certain level of forum history before you can? I don't see the button anywhere to "start" one. I wanted to start capturing some of the useful things I have learned etc and I thought a blog would be the right way to do it.

Thanks!!
Jess

So you need to be a "Member" to create a blog. When that happens you go to the blog category and there is a spot to post a new entry.

I have not tried any new entries since the latest update, but it appears to be working correctly.

The switch from new member to member happened in under a week for me. I'm on here a bit more then I should. I think my company pays me to spend some time lurking around here haha.
Professional lurking huh... lol elevated skill set ya know. :p

I like my job too. I just don't want to turn a passion into a job since it becomes that and not as much fun.

Since we are talking about blogs, this one has a lot of links to things about the site...

https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/where-do-i-start-guide-to-the-forums.2324/

Ya know something like this would have been super rad when I first saw the website, as like a pinned post or something. I had been looking around (perhaps casually) for something like it but didn't stumble upon it. Is there a way to do something like that: pin a post like this to the very top of the Home Page or something? Or is this stuff obvious and I totally missed it :p ?

Ya know something like this would have been super rad when I first saw the website, as like a pinned post or something. I had been looking around (perhaps casually) for something like it but didn't stumble upon it. Is there a way to do something like that: pin a post like this to the very top of the Home Page or something? Or is this stuff obvious and I totally missed it :p ?

It actually is in the featured blog section, but there have been some adjustments after the last upgrade that may have made things harder to find. The featured blogs are showing up on the homepage now, but may not have been recently.

We do have some "sticky" threads in categories, but no sticky blogs.

Back
Top Bottom