dumb or just stupid eggs???

laurie

Retired Moderator
I had a clutch of veiled eggs laid on 8/5/08. The six months time period was 2/5/09.Several of the eggs have gone bad, all of them look sort of clearish. For the last week several of them have been sweating but there is no action. I tried candleing but can tell nothing. Should I just let them be? They are on a shelf in the closet of my reptile room. Day temps70 to 76, night temps 70 to 67. Should I toss them or just keep checking them each day? I have since purchase an incubator, should I put them in it? They are driving me nuts as I have never had veiled eggs before and getting ready for 40 babies and them not showing up is a lesson is hair pulling. Any ideas??????????:(

NO don't throw them away. Just wait it out soon you will have cute little babies running around all over the place. Be very exited to spend a lot of money very soon if they hatch.

-Clemonde

NO don't throw them away. Just wait it out soon you will have cute little babies running around all over the place. Be very exited to spend a lot of money very soon if they hatch.

-Clemonde

I am even ready to spend the money, I just want the little devils to hatch.

We just had a batch of panthers hatch a couple weeks ago and it took them close to a year to finally start hatching which is a very long time. We only lost 2 out of a clutch of 18 and they are all alive and well! :) I know how extremely frustrating it is waiting and waiting and waiting. We were expecting by 9 months to have little babies running around and then finally at a year one little guy popped out:). I know veileds have a shorter incubation that panthers but i definitely wouldn't give up! it is so rewarding to see your first little baby :D I really hope they start hatching for you! For whatever its worth try and be patient even tho it seems impossible... :rolleyes: i totally understand what your feeling!

It sounds right on track to me.
The "windows" on veiled eggs happen in the last month or so of incubation and if some are sweating you're nearly there.
I think you may have up to a month left, they might not all hatch at once.
I have some eggs (not from my veileds) that were laid on 7-02-08 and the first one just emerged on Wednesday.

-Brad

Yes, I agree do not give up. My current clutch layed on 6/9 just began hatching yesterday 2/5...nearly 9 months to the day! The clutch before this one from a different female also went exactly 9 months. I was told that if you end up wasting a few fruit fly cultures, you are doing it right. Be prepared, but be patient.

Good luck.

i've got a clutch in the oven... laid 1.2.09 Just before the Pomona show.... time keeps ticking, ticking ticking away... time time time... ticking ticking ticking away.....

Thanks all of you, I just really wish I knew IF hey are going to hatch. The waiting is just killing me! I has been a while but I don't think it was this hard waiting for my daughter to "hatch", but then I was pretty sure she would hatch. Oh well I may just take up biting my nails (ugh)

i've got a clutch in the oven... laid 1.2.09 Just before the Pomona show.... time keeps ticking, ticking ticking away... time time time... ticking ticking ticking away.....

Kevin that is great but I think I have a dead battery and the clock has stopped!!

Back
Top Bottom