Due Anyday

lotus

Hello, My female chameleon is due anytime and I am putting her into her egg laying container. I have wet sand in there and a stick for her to climb on. I have attached her basking light and will put her UV light on the top of the container. I assume this is right??

My question is once I put her in there to do her thing, do I leave her in there for a day or two? Do I feed her at all, as I have been reading that she is to be undisturbed? Can someone enlighten me on this?

Thanks,
Sharon

I wouldnt give her crickets if shes digging I have read that the cricket (while the female is digging) starts biting and nibbling the females legs and maybe the eggs she just laid, Im not sure about how long to keep her in but once she has laid take her out and spoil her with water food supplements quite alot because shes going to be very tired.

i have never changed environments on a female due to lay. (30 days after whoopie) if you have a 1 gallon potted ficus or umbrella tree in her everyday habitat then she will dig a nest usually near the base of the tree. adding a one gallon pot of soil into the cage has worked in the past also. one of mine just started dropping eggs on the bottom of the cage. the most important thing is to give her quiet and seclusion from anything and everything. she will think anything is a threat to her clutch and will not dig a nest. so put her in the bathroom/closet and leave her alone. it could take 24-72 hours. provide water daily and maybe 1 or 2 crickets.

Back
Top Bottom