dubias

yoshi9

Ok so i was just wondering if a ambilobe or veiled cham would ever be able to take down an adult dubia and about what age could i start feeding them adults?

Ok so i was just wondering if a ambilobe or veiled cham would ever be able to take down an adult dubia and about what age could i start feeding them adults?

As long as the roach is not larger, width wise, than the space between the eyes of your cham they should be able to take them.

I don't have experience with feeding winged adults to my chameleons, primarily because to me, adults are used solely as breeders at my house. It takes so long for them to reach maturity, I choose to keep them for breeding. I have heard someone on here state that there is the possibility of a chameleon sustaining a mouth injury due to the Dubies spines on the legs. So I would be cautious.

I'm sure a large male of either speicies could take one down and it would be great to see but there is no way my adult f veiled could.

My male Ambilobe takes down adult male dubais but I leave the adult females as breeders. My female ambilobes never get adults they only get nymphs. My male Veiled is too young to try adults, so he and my female get nymphs which they all love.

Back
Top Bottom