Dubia Size

KeopiCat

Avid Member
Hello everyone,
I hope you and your chams are all well!

I was wondering what size dubias would be appropriate for my boy, Mondo. I don't want him to have a risk of him choking, but at the same time I don't want to be feeding him something too tiny. According to responses on a previous post I would say he's about 10 months old. Here are some pictures of him:
IMG_9466.JPG
IMG_9463.JPG

Thanks in advance,
-Keopi and Mondo

The rule of the thumb is the size of the feeder (hard exo-skeleton) dubia should not be any longer than the space between your chams eyes. Soft feeders can be a bit bigger. When in doubt, go a little smaller. You don't want your guy to possibly choke.

The rule of the thumb is the size of the feeder (hard exo-skeleton) dubia should not be any longer than the space between your chams eyes. Soft feeders can be a bit bigger. When in doubt, go a little smaller. You don't want your guy to possibly choke.

This may sound stupid, but that's the roach lengthwise, correct? :unsure:

I just order 500 smalls and mediums, feed the medium ones first and let the small ones grow to where they are the perfect side. I just watch him close, as long as they are not wider than the space between his eyes, you are good, but like @MSMorgan said, when in doubt, go smaller. You could order smalls and let him get used to them. They grow slow so you can order a lot and have plenty of time to feed them off. My guy is 9 months now and the smalls are too small for him, mediums are perfect. It also depends on who you get them from on how they size them. Usually they will picture them with a coin for comparison.

Back
Top Bottom