Dubia Roaches

Weebo

Avid Member
Joshsfrogs is still saying 3-4 months and it’s getting really expensive going to my local pet store. Where else are members ordering dubia roaches?

Joshsfrogs is still saying 3-4 months and it’s getting really expensive going to my local pet store. Where else are members ordering dubia roaches?
I got mine from dubiaroaches.com and they were great! Almost all of them arrived alive and they're still thriving. I also got them in a pretty good amount of time.

my fiancé would kill me
LOL. To anyone that thinks about breeding roaches... You gotta be really comfortable with them as adults. It is why I do not breed them. I get totally grossed out by the huge adults. Flying and being all fast and roachy. I am not about to sift through looking for babies with all the big adults being their roachy selves. Nope sign me up for the buy for life program.

LOL. To anyone that thinks about breeding roaches... You gotta be really comfortable with them as adults. It is why I do not breed them. I get totally grossed out by the huge adults. Flying and being all fast and roachy. I am not about to sift through looking for babies with all the big adults being their roachy selves. Nope sign me up for the buy for life program.
I hate when their all roachy

Dubias can't fly, and are much slower than American cockroaches. I know some people that keep the adults (breeders) separate from the rest of the colony so they don't have to deal with that "roachy" stuff when sorting sizes.

Not trying to change your mind—just sayin'... 😁

Dubias can't fly, and are much slower than American cockroaches. I know some people that keep the adults (breeders) separate from the rest of the colony so they don't have to deal with that "roachy" stuff when sorting sizes.

Not trying to change your mind—just sayin'... 😁
Um they have wings... God gave them wings for a reason... So hard pass on this one.
Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 10.19.17 AM.png

Um they have wings... God gave them wings for a reason... So hard pass on this one.
View attachment 285091
Had to look for that one, eh? :LOL: It was pretty far down the page.

I think the operative phrase there is "very rare". Most sources consider it more of a fluttering hop.
They probably did fly at one time, or in their native habitat, which is much hotter than most folks keep them at (except for breeding).

All the more reason to keep the breeders separate from the main colony (if that—pun intended—"bugs" folks). :ROFLMAO:

Had to look for that one, eh? :LOL: It was pretty far down the page.

I think the operative phrase there is "very rare". Most sources consider it more of a fluttering hop.
They probably did fly at one time, or in their native habitat, which is much hotter than most folks keep them at (except for breeding).

All the more reason to keep the breeders separate from the main colony (if that—pun intended—"bugs" folks). :ROFLMAO:
Ok well you do you and have your adults that breed and I will do me and buy babies to feed off. My point was that most do not realize how different not only in looks but activity the adults are... Being aware of what your taking on when you decide to breed them is important. Knowing they need heat to breed. Knowing that you have to set up your bins a certain way if you do not want to sift. These are all things that are not mentioned when yall like to suggest breeding them.

Ok well you do you and have your adults that breed and I will do me and buy babies to feed off. My point was that most do not realize how different not only in looks but activity the adults are... Being aware of what your taking on when you decide to breed them is important. Knowing they need heat to breed. Knowing that you have to set up your bins a certain way if you do not want to sift. These are all things that are not mentioned when yall like to suggest breeding them.

You don't think people would google "breeding dubia roaches" or check out one or more of the umpteen videos on YT?

Back
Top Bottom