Dubia Roach and Superworm Questions

noahc66

Here are some questions I have:

Will Dubia Roaches bite chameleons?
Can Dubia Roaches climb screen walls?

Will Superworms bite chameleons?
Can Superworms climb screen walls?

Superworms can climb screen walls and a lot of other things, just make sure when your placing it you see their little arms go through the screen and theyll attach themselves, they are near the front of their body.

I believe any feeder is capable of biting your chameleon but correct me if i'm wrong. I have never had this happen but my cousin had her veiled get a mouth infection from a mealworm bite. As long as your not feeding feeders that are ridiculously too large for the chameleon I think you'll be okay.

If your really paranoid you could cut the heads off your feeders before, but then you would have to cup feed/hand feed and if you want the cham to hunt thats not an option.

" The rule of thumb is to feed insects no wider than the width of your chameleon's head in order to prevent choking."

PS: Superworms will even attach themselves to the roof of the cage mesh and just hang there dangling their torso, my cham would love to shoot for them this way.

I don't beleive either would do damage to your Cham. I've heard stories of supers biting but ive never saw or personally experienced it. Yes, dubia can climb screen.

The rule of thumb is no wider than the space between their eyes , and length of their head. You can get away with a Lil bit of length with worms though.

Here are some questions I have:

Will Dubia Roaches bite chameleons?
Can Dubia Roaches climb screen walls?

Will Superworms bite chameleons?
Can Superworms climb screen walls?

Yes,yes,yes,yes!!!! Answer to all 4 questions. However super worms are clumsy and probably not be able to get to your chams but roaches can and will bite/chew on chams,however I have only seen this with red runner roaches. In most cases both feeders are safe but if left in a Cham cage long enough and if the opportunity arises they can and will bite your chams. I know this as I found a red runner biting one of my chams in his sleep and am now treating the bite area. Shame on me but I didn't think it would happen. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I would not believe it!!!
Steve

Back
Top Bottom