dubia question

AMGChams

Ok so I have this Dubia colony going ... well while checking them I notice a female with what I would assume would be her egg case sticking out her back side so I was like cool they are mating and I should have some tiny roaches to feed to my chams soon ... well its been like 2 weeks and I can't find a single tiny roach ... am I doing some thing wrong? They have tons of food so I doubt they ate the little ones ...

when I started my dubia colony I didn't think it was ever going to start growing because I never saw any babies but then all of a sudden there was hundreds more than I started out with. The babies may be hiding in the poop. I'm sure you will notice more really soon.

It takes my dubias several months after being moved to a new tub to start really producing. Perhaps I keep mine cooler than most people much of the year though...

The female will produce an egg case and then they pull it back into their body where it gestates. They will give birth about one month later.

Cool thanks Jdog

The female will produce an egg case and then they pull it back into their body where it gestates. They will give birth about one month later.

Ah that might have been what happened ... I hope ... I know my little ones can't wait to chow down on roaches again lol.

Back
Top Bottom