Dubia growth

Established Member
So I’m trying to grow these dubias to adults but they are growing super slowwww. I’ve had these roaches for months and they are just now getting to like 1 1/2 inches. I’m trying to breed them bc I’m broke and they can get expensive To buy the amount I need. What I’m Wondering is if you guys have any ideas on growing them faster. They have heat and food so maybe I’m just being impatient. Idk. What do you guys think?

Ps- I posted another thing on my Cham earlier this week about him not able to eat roaches. Just don’t want to confuse y’all but they are for my leos

jamest0o0 is the guy to talk too about bugs he knows everything. I ordered my starter colony and cleaner crew from him. I have never had a roach so I don't know what to do sorry:(:)

So I’m trying to grow these dubias to adults but they are growing super slowwww. I’ve had these roaches for months and they are just now getting to like 1 1/2 inches. I’m trying to breed them bc I’m broke and they can get expensive To buy the amount I need. What I’m Wondering is if you guys have any ideas on growing them faster. They have heat and food so maybe I’m just being impatient. Idk. What do you guys think?

Ps- I posted another thing on my Cham earlier this week about him not able to eat roaches. Just don’t want to confuse y’all but they are for my leos

If you are only trying to grow them fast you can use dog food, just dont use them as feeder till they are off of it for about a week. Dog food will make them breed and grow fast.

It took my Dubai colony about 7 months to really get going but once they did it’s crazy how fast they reproduce!! I started off with 5 adult males, 10 adult females, 50 medium, and 50 smalls. I just put them in a decent size rubbermaid container with some egg crates. I fed them every day and morning and night I would hand mist there cage. Now I have so many dubias that I’m selling them on the side just to keep my bin from over populating. It takes a little bit but once you get them going its WAY easier than crickets!

Mine stayed the same size for months, then I started feeding them more—and more often—and their growth rate increased considerably.

Imma hijack this thread with same question, sort of.
I feed exclusively Bug Burger as a staple diet... Is that bad? Is it only meant for gutload?
All My feeders get bug burger.
like rarely ill throw produce scraps from my kitchen.
I feed the roaches every other day.
I also noticed they're growing slow, but they are having babies. I have 4 Males and 20 Females.

If you are only trying to grow them fast you can use dog food, just dont use them as feeder till they are off of it for about a week. Dog food will make them breed and grow fast.
Wow the roaches really like the dog food at the moment. Thank you for the idea

Your colony will double in weight every 90 days at 75f.

So things start getten real once you have a few pounds...

Once you are seasoned, you dont have to worry about growth, you have to worry about feeding the horde.

Your colony will double in weight every 90 days at 75f.

So things start getten real once you have a few pounds...

Once you are seasoned, you dont have to worry about growth, you have to worry about feeding the horde.
Yes, thank you for letting me know how fast the colony will grow. I plan on making a career out of insect breeding so I appreciate all information available?

Yes, thank you for letting me know how fast the colony will grow. I plan on making a career out of insect breeding so I appreciate all information available?

I believe there is "the roach king" in cleveland ohio north of here. He says his biggest expense is just keeping the building hot. He gets all of his veg almost for free by hitting up all the hodie todie fancy restaurants in the area for the leftover organic produce. He is also a bro because any extras he donates to the local reptile rescues. Them turtles and iguanas live like kings.

I believe there is "the roach king" in cleveland ohio north of here. He says his biggest expense is just keeping the building hot. He gets all of his veg almost for free by hitting up all the hodie todie fancy restaurants in the area for the leftover organic produce. He is also a bro because any extras he donates to the local reptile rescues. Them turtles and iguanas live like kings.
That’s amazing, he sounds like a very nice guy. And yes, those turtles and iguanas must live like kings lol

I feed all my roaches through every stage of their lives with gut load I get from Matt “OMG” Oh My Gutload, it might be a little more price but man ALL of my feeders grow like crazy. I do the same for my banded crickets that I breed and raise.

Back
Top Bottom