Dubia dry food question

tatz4ever

I just received 2 pounds of XL dubia (1 1/4 - 1 3/4 inch) to feed off and give my colony a good boost. I also ordered 1 pound of this businesses "proprietary" blend dry food. He would give me no other info. I opened it and it primarily smelled like alfalfa.
I put it in with the colony and OMG :eek: they are running to it like crazy!!! I have always used Bug Burger with my colony and that amount usually lasts me 2 day. That is gone too!!! I put a small container of spring mix and kale...gone! These things are going to eat me out of house and home!
I am looking for a good commercial dry food to purchase, as I assume this pound will not last long. I am looking for recommendations for what works for you. I want to KNOW what I am feeding to my bugs. I will continue using Bug Burger and greens also.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
James

Many users user cricket crack, dino fuel and others. Check out the sponsors up top. Seems like most have a version of dry gut load. If the crix eat it, the roaches will eat it... ;)

I went to farm and fleet and bought a 50lbs bag of alfalfa for 15 bucks.

I use that as a main food and throw in some variety of fresh stuff (carrots, apples, potato, etc.)

I saw on youtube a guy recommended gamebird starter grower (chicken Feed) which he bought from Tractor Supply company, He mixed in Tetra Mist Tropical Fish flakes and instead of dusting, mixed in calcium into the food (not sure about doing that though).

I saw on youtube a guy recommended gamebird starter grower (chicken Feed) which he bought from Tractor Supply company, He mixed in Tetra Mist Tropical Fish flakes and instead of dusting, mixed in calcium into the food (not sure about doing that though).

tends to be high in corn (low value nutritionally) and high in phosphorus. Easy way to feed your bugs, but not the best gutload for what its worth

I went to farm and fleet and bought a 50lbs bag of alfalfa for 15 bucks.

I use that as a main food and throw in some variety of fresh stuff (carrots, apples, potato, etc.)

+1, cheap, easy, effective

Back
Top Bottom