Dubia Colony Questions

How are you keeping your Dubia colony temp elevated? I keep mine in an upstairs closet under the attic that is pretty warm but I don’t think it’s getting warm enough for any breeding activity. I don’t have a thermometer to see the actual temp of the closet. Would a heat pad underneath be sufficient to raise temps and breeding activity? We keep it 70*F upstairs and the closet is warmer. Not in the 80’s like I think it should be. They have a 4x4x3 inch sponge on a flat dish that holds their water and are fed carrots. Should I be feeding them something else for growth? Any expertise would be appreciated! Thanks

How are you keeping your Dubia colony temp elevated? I keep mine in an upstairs closet under the attic that is pretty warm but I don’t think it’s getting warm enough for any breeding activity. I don’t have a thermometer to see the actual temp of the closet. Would a heat pad underneath be sufficient to raise temps and breeding activity? We keep it 70*F upstairs and the closet is warmer. Not in the 80’s like I think it should be. They have a 4x4x3 inch sponge on a flat dish that holds their water and are fed carrots. Should I be feeding them something else for growth? Any expertise would be appreciated! Thanks
@jamest0o0 is the bug Lord. However, you could attach a heat mat to the side of your roach bin for temps. I give my roaches all sorts of veggies, greens, fruits and bug burger and they all seem to be doing quite well.

Back
Top Bottom