DUBIA ALLERGY???

Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone’s had experience with allergy to dubia roaches. I keep them in my room where I sleep and hangout often, and after being in there my chest gets tight and breathing becomes difficult. I do not handle them because the other half of “embay” handles them for me since I am weird around bugs But anyway, we have a bunch right next to the bed. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this same thing?

Not personally, but I can see why someone might. They move around a lot at night (when you would be in bed) and dust from dried frass could easily be stirred up and get airborne. You might be allergic to their dry food too. Again, it could be getting stirred up more at night. Try moving them or using a good HEPA air cleaner in your room. Maybe putting an HVAC air filter panel on top of their container?

Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone’s had experience with allergy to dubia roaches. I keep them in my room where I sleep and hangout often, and after being in there my chest gets tight and breathing becomes difficult. I do not handle them because the other half of “embay” handles them for me since I am weird around bugs But anyway, we have a bunch right next to the bed. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this same thing?
Keep them clean and store them somewhere else rather than where you sleep. If you're not looking after a colony then temps aren't really important. If you need to, you can use a heat matt to raise temps.

Roach allergies are pretty common. Anyone that I know who had one of those allergy scratch tests had some level of a roach allergy in their results. I’d move them into a utility or uderused room even if you didnt have symptoms.

Back
Top Bottom