Dubai roaches

So I've been using crickets and meal worms and I wanna change up his food. So I have some roaches coming any day now I just wanna know how many a day should I be feeding my Cham. He is 5 months old and a veiled chameleon.

So I've been using crickets and meal worms and I wanna change up his food. So I have some roaches coming any day now I just wanna know how many a day should I be feeding my Cham. He is 5 months old and a veiled chameleon.

When they're young, you can feed as many as they'll eat in a day. I'd put in like 8-10 smaller ones and just remove whatever he doesn't eat by the end of the day.

When they're young, you can feed as many as they'll eat in a day. I'd put in like 8-10 smaller ones and just remove whatever he doesn't eat by the end of the day.

Thank you, I wanna try new stuff every month or couple months and I can breed the roaches so I'll have them all the time.

When he is an adult you will be lucky if he eats a full grown dubia a day. My oust that is 400 grams only eats one every other day.

1 roach per day?

When he is an adult you will be lucky if he eats a full grown dubia a day. My oust that is 400 grams only eats one every other day.

Is that because he is also eating other insects or is that his total food intake for 2 days? If so, is it because he doesn't seem to like them or maybe because they don't move around much?

thanks, I basically have the same situation as the OP and am just curious

This is one of the easiest feeders to raise but of my four chams only my latest eats them on a regular basis. I got CJ when he was about 5 or so months old and he had been raised with roaches being part of his diet. The biggest problem with them is getting the cham to recognize them as food because they don't move around much. They tend to cluster together in a motionless pile of bugs. I have seen it suggested to put a more active feeder in the dish with them so the cham can associate their presence with a known food source plus the more active insect can stimulate the roaches to be more active too. I am thankful to CJ's breeder for getting him acclimated to these bugs. They are loads better than crix in almost every respect.

This is one of the easiest feeders to raise but of my four chams only my latest eats them on a regular basis. I got CJ when he was about 5 or so months old and he had been raised with roaches being part of his diet. The biggest problem with them is getting the cham to recognize them as food because they don't move around much. They tend to cluster together in a motionless pile of bugs. I have seen it suggested to put a more active feeder in the dish with them so the cham can associate their presence with a known food source plus the more active insect can stimulate the roaches to be more active too. I am thankful to CJ's breeder for getting him acclimated to these bugs. They are loads better than crix in almost every respect.

I'm having issues getting mine to recognize them they are both veiled females about 2 months old been feeding them crix, superworms, phoenix worms, bsfl, mealworms with no problem so far it seems to jus be the dubias they don't wanna try, any tips besides putting them in with other active feeders? I've tried that but they jus pick thru them

Back
Top Bottom