Drying branches

kokom05lb

I'm almost done with my female veileds cage. I have a tree stump in our backyard. There's branches on it with leaves. I was going to cut those branches off and use them in the cage. But I was wondering how long the branches would take to dry out. Anyone have any advice about them?

I can't remember exactly, I think I did 15-20 minutes at 350. Contrary to popular belief, things get hot in the oven. So don't grab them with your hands like a idiot, like myself.

I just took the racks out, stuck them in end of the bottom corner, and closed it with the ends sticking out on the opposite top corner.Then flipped them in between drying time. If you have a heat gun, that would work too.

One more question before I start on baking branches tomorrow. We have a gas stove/oven it should be a issue should it?

Be carefull!!

make really sure you bake the sticks because i put outdoor branches in a cage i broke off a tree in the winter time(up here in canada eh) and when i got them in my warm bedroom in the cage after a few days i saw little itty bitty worms crawling ON my chameleon! and through the cage. i guess they live in the wood and came out when they got warm again. they dissapeared after i took out the branches out and washed EVERYTHING with hot soapy water. and rotated out the plants in my cage into my kichen and my kitchen plants into the cage just to be sure

Back
Top Bottom