Dry lock

Wonder if you could mix it with a color wann do Turquoise
You can I usually use quickrete liquid cements for base color like brown or grey but for the dry brush or highlights you can just used non toxic acrylic paint. I used Artecho brand for the greens in my enclosures. I just mix the paint with a little bit of dry lock and paint it on top.

I have used drylok on wood, it works alright. I am not sure it really becomes "waterproof", more like water resistant (though I have seen one YT video of a wood aquarium purportedly sealed with only drylok).

Tinting it is annoying, it takes a lot of very concentrated pigments to do it right. If the goal is to drybrush to a natural looking surface that works ok. If you are trying to make it a single specific unnatural color I think that will be annoying and hard to get right. You'd probably be better off putting a few coats of the drylok onto the wood to seal it and then spray painting the drylok with the appropriate color Krylon Fusion spray paint. This spray paint does need to cure before using it with animals to ensure it is no longer off-gassing, though it is the brand I have seen recommended most frequently (and have used myself).

Back
Top Bottom