dripper

eyespy23

I have the little dripper system. I have been keeping it on 24/7 for the last week because I thought I was supposed to and end up with the bottom of the terrarium like a small pond...then i was reading some other things that made me think that maybe I am not supposed to do that? Am i supposed to only have it on occasionally or something?

Well, when he's awake is ideal. Dont need it during the night. Eliminate the pond issue by placing somthing on the floor to catch the drips.

My drippers are "on" for about an hour each morning, and this is when the chameleons do most of their drinking. Sometimes they will drink again when the drippers are refilled later in the day, but usually not. If you can have the dripper going a large portion of the day that's great, but you do want to have something to catch the drips, rather than creating a small lake on the bottom of the enclosure :)

I always have my dripper drip into a large plant, that way I don't have to water it as often and I keep the dripper going 24/7, I just fill it up when empty

Back
Top Bottom