Dripper

Lexlynn

Established Member
Hello everyone. So I’ve set up the Dripper for my soon to arrive baby veiled, also have a fogger. I ended up putting window insulation on two sides of my wire cage to maintain a good humidity. My biggest issue is my Dripper. The Dripper floods the cage I’ve tied it in knots to prevent it from fully flowing. I’ve sat here for 2 hours (wish I was lying) trying to adjust it every way possible. I have the big Dripper. Is there any better alternatives? I know people make them so are there any good homemade ideas I can try out? For now it does the job and then some but it’s definitely still too fast.

Never considered a dripper. I'm setting up my enclosure one step at a time; the mister puts out so much that the leaves are saturated with plenty of drip to drink—and then some.

Another possible solution is a regular old chemistry lab tubing clamp. Once set, it should be good to go.

1604590268770.png

https://www.enasco.com/p/Tubing-Clamp---Hoffman-Screw-for-Tubing-up-to-5-8-in-Diameter+SB12146M

other variations

Do you have a drainage system under your enclosure?

Hello everyone. So I’ve set up the Dripper for my soon to arrive baby veiled, also have a fogger. I ended up putting window insulation on two sides of my wire cage to maintain a good humidity. My biggest issue is my Dripper. The Dripper floods the cage I’ve tied it in knots to prevent it from fully flowing. I’ve sat here for 2 hours (wish I was lying) trying to adjust it every way possible. I have the big Dripper. Is there any better alternatives? I know people make them so are there any good homemade ideas I can try out? For now it does the job and then some but it’s definitely still too fast.
One drop every 2-5 seconds is what I’ve found to be effective, and what I’ve heard others aim for. This shouldn’t overwhelm a drainage system. Or is your concern that you don’t have a drainage system?

Buy a mist king.

I mean I mist 4x a day and have no problems.
Fair enough. Daytime misting was the standard for decades, and is still widely used. There is a trend moving away from daytime misting, but it is far from a consensus.

It’s personal preference, never owned a dripper to be honest just always had a mist king.
I run three mistkings, so I’m also a fan. However, all my misting sessions are during lights off. I find the literature about dry days and humid nights to be persuasive. However, I certainly recognize that the daytime misting method has worked for decades.

One drop every 2-5 seconds is what I’ve found to be effective, and what I’ve heard others aim for. This shouldn’t overwhelm a drainage system. Or is your concern that you don’t have a drainage system?
I don’t have a drainage system definitely something I want to do right now it’s not super bad that It’s soaking my floor but it could be a lot slower like a drop every 5 seconds vs now which is 3 drops a second. Is there anything you have on creating a drainage system

You need something for drainage... the water needs to be able to drain out of the enclosure.

Per the dripper... They are temperamental. You can use a solo cup and push a pushpin in about half way in the bottom so it is not too large of a hole. Then fill with water and set it on top of the enclosure over plants below.

I would not advice misting during the day. You want the enclosure to dry out.

I don’t have a drainage system definitely something I want to do right now it’s not super bad that It’s soaking my floor but it could be a lot slower like a drop every 5 seconds vs now which is 3 drops a second. Is there anything you have on creating a drainage system
Can you take a pic of your enclosure?

What size cage? If wanted to spend the money dragonstrand drainage trays are awesome. Otherwise I have found that a dog kennel tray, I buy them at the farm and home store, just the black tray, works great. Can buy one close to size and drill a hole and drain into a bucket

I use the big dripper and it sucks *** sometimes but I don't have the time and energy to build a drip system. I have a whole on the bottom of my cage for drainage and I put a bowl there to catch the drops. I usually have to empty the bowl once a day.
Also the adjustment of the dripper on the big dripper can be really picky. Often I find that turning it right works a lot better than left. If you do it just right it will go from full flow to a slightly slow drip. I often have to settle for a fast drip because the nozzle doesn't like me that day.
I have to refill it every day.

What size cage? If wanted to spend the money dragonstrand drainage trays are awesome. Otherwise I have found that a dog kennel tray, I buy them at the farm and home store, just the black tray, works great. Can buy one close to size and drill a hole and drain into a bucket
2x2x4’ That sounds like a really good idea too ! Thank you

Back
Top Bottom