Dripper s

GDiggs

Does any one have one of these or know anything about their success with vieled chameleons?

Attachments

• A4405D08-C867-4F45-ABA4-664E60DE6DC7.jpeg
    A4405D08-C867-4F45-ABA4-664E60DE6DC7.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 87
Never seen that one before.
Okay thank you, it popped up in my feed on Amazon so I figured it was worth the shot asking... I’m kinda scared to but it I don’t want to stress out Chamlie ... do you recommend adding another water source to her home or just wait ?

That’s a new one on me, so I’m guessing the thing on the end is a valve of some kind? Or do they have to touch it to make the water come out?

So the Chinese dripper came in a few days ago and, brace yourself, it drips! This is day three, my thoughts so far:

- holds about the same amount of water as other entry level drippers
- seems to put out one drop every 15-20 seconds. The description on amazon says you can throttle the drip rate up or down but I have yet to figure out how to do it. I’m calling BS on the throttle. Either something was lost in translation from Chinese to English or this is just another example of the Chinese’s highly ethical marketing strategies.
- no instructions whatsoever and 80% of the words on the label are written in Chinese.
- works by siphoning water out of the resovior. The hose actually enters the resovior through the lid, not the base of the resovior like other drippers, this makes it a pain to prime.
- couldn’t get it to self prime on its own so I had to get it going buy applying suction to the outlet side of the hose with a kids liquid med syringe. Keeps its prime until it runs out of water.
- takes about 2.5 days to completely empty the resovior.
- each end of the hose has some type of stone on it. The manufacturer calls them “filters.” They resemble bubble stones used in aquarium.

For $12 it seems like a decent product but I do have one serious concern; it’s country of origin, China. Not because I think it’s a poorly built hunk of junk but because I don’t know what those “filters” are made from. Toxicity is my main concern. The water must pass through both “filters” before it enters your viv. And since China is notorious for selling toxic products(dog food/drywall) I am NOT recommending this product for use in Cham enclosure.

Should oughta just buy a Mistking. It will help with humidity too. My Panther wouldn't really touch my dripper. It seemed as if he was getting dehydrated as noted by discolored urates. After I got the Mistking, he sits under it often while it is on, and his urates got white again. It was worth the expense to ensure his health. It helped water the live plant too. But I did need to build a stand and put a drain pan under the habitat [and drill holes in the bottom to drain out the water].

Should oughta just buy a Mistking. It will help with humidity too. My Panther wouldn't really touch my dripper. It seemed as if he was getting dehydrated as noted by discolored urates. After I got the Mistking, he sits under it often while it is on, and his urates got white again. It was worth the expense to ensure his health. It helped water the live plant too. But I did need to build a stand and put a drain pan under the habitat [and drill holes in the bottom to drain out the water].
@WAMBO read the whole thread, just bought it to play with it. I have a fully automated mist system with continuous drainage.

Back
Top Bottom