Dripper Problems

I had the same problem, If you can get your hands on an IV bag you can take off that peice that has a blue roller, as you roll it it pinches down on the tube. it is used to regulate the drip on from the bag down the tube. This is removeable and you can put it right on your dripper and leave the valve wide open and very acurately control how much you drip.....very acurate! My wife is a nurse and had that idea and brought one home! works perfect! While i am posting, I never see my cham drink from the dripper. He never even seems to notice it even there. It falls down onto the leaves on the left side of his ficus. Should I move it so it falls more to the middle? i didnt want to do that first because i didnt want to put too much water inside the plants pot. I was hoping you guys could tell me the best spots to put it and or run the hose down to the leaves? now i just have it falling through the screen on top down to the leaves. Any advise would be great! thanks

I make my own drippers. Try replacing your valve with one meant for aquarium air hose. Here's how: https://www.chameleonforums.com/drippers-19143/#post177210

I also think two drips a second is fine. In the morning my drippers are set to drip a few drips a second, which slows down as the water level and hence water pressure goes down. Then slower during the day, fast again in the evening.

And I agree melting ice cubes are unnatural and too cold

Take the Big Dripper back for a refund, use the money to build your own following Sandras Dripper Thread above.;)

Nick

After years of messing with drippers filling, dumping, adjusting and cleaning....:mad:

I made these automated drippers! they are connected to an ro unit and drain to a condenstion pump.
I have a solennoid valve that turns them on when the lights come on and turn off when the lights go off.

View attachment 10653

View attachment 10654

Don't waste money, buy a simple air hose valve. My local aquarium/pet store charged 99cents.

As above- i got my refund then bought some; thin tubing, slightly larger than the B/D and then bought some dripper valves from my hardware store - got a water bottle and made my own - then spent the remainder on plants :D never looked back since...

also i can throw the bottle away each month and replace so nothing can bad build up at all

Back
Top Bottom