Drip Trays/Water Trays

BriAlme

Established Member
I'm sure most are familiar or are using some type of water catching system for their screen enclosures. I have an 18x18x36 cage with water tray from LLL Reptiles for my juvenile Nosey BE. The system works great, I have it plumbed and draining in a catch bucket in a base cabinet. I know Tiki Tiki Reptiles sells the same drip tray for their cages. My question is does anyone know who manufactues these drip trays? I'm trying to have a custom size made (24x36) but can't find anyone who makes them. I've contacted both LLL & Tiki Tiki asking for information or if a custon size could be purchased with no luck. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

There are special trays made to go under your washing machine. I think they only go to 30". Check Home Depot or Lowes. They may be able to get larger ones. I thought about using these and may still.

Water heater pans also work well and come with drain spots already in them and they run around 20 bucks.

I dont know if you are interested or not but Ive built 2 of the drip pans for my (homemade screen) 36x24x48 cages. Just like the ones you get from the other places. Theay are made out of PVC sheet, glued (actually plastic welded) and leak tested, They work great. I put alot of extra bracing in also to help support thr plants ans cage. If i can figure out how to post a pic then ill put a couple up. If you want a picture sooner just shoot me an email. Ive been tossing around the idea of making and sell ing them just dragging A** i guess LOL.

I make all my own water trays and cages. the first pic is a water tray i made today, fits a 36x24x48 open air screen cage I will use a bulkhead fitting from my saltwater aquarium days for the drain made from 1/8 inch PVC sheet all pieces solvent welded together and leak tested. the second one is for a 24x24x48 same thing for the drain also made today. I added the extra bracing because i seem to have sagging problems with the cages due to heavy plants now no sagging problem. Each bottom corner of the bracing is cut just enough to allow water to pass thru. 3rd pic is a single tray i made that holds 2 24x24x48 cages only 1 drain (didnt get pics before i set the cages up sorry) the black insert on the right is just sat on there while i was getting the cage ready. I think my next might be a 60x36x60 cage and water tray setup, (right after i figure out where i can put it LOL)

Attachments

• DSCN0062.jpg
    DSCN0062.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 533
  • DSCN0057.jpg
    DSCN0057.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 602
  • 1 (72).jpg
    1 (72).jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 641
Like sedecatur I also made my own, although his are prettier. I have a Plastic Shop by my house and scrap is $4.20 a lb. So the bottom is made of dark 1/8" lexan and the sides are 3/8" polycarbonate. It was an off size so I couldn't just buy one. I haven't hooked-up a drain yet but I think I could thread a hole in the side and screw-in a fitting. In using the 3/8" for the sides and bracing it's really strong, if you were inclined to you could jump up & down on it with no problem. I think the scrap pieces ran around $14. The bitch is they only sell it in 1 lb. increments, although they let you slide if it's only over a few ounces.

Back
Top Bottom