Drip System

New Owner

I’m think I need to get a drip system cause I believe Anya isn’t getting enough water.
What type of drip system should I get?

the little dripper and the big dripper by zoo med are good options, but you can always just poke a hole in the bottom of any plastic cup/container

I’ve tried that, it sucks cause if the amount of water it goes through
Which have you tried the cup with hole or the little dripper? The little dripper’s nozzle can be adjusted to get a slow drop rate or a fast one...

Which have you tried the cup with hole or the little dripper? The little dripper’s nozzle can be adjusted to get a slow drop rate or a fast one...
Don’t waste your $10 on a little or big Dripper. Not worth the plastic it’s made out of. The plastic valve is stupid fragile and will be stripped within a month. Get a MistKing, worth every penny. Or I do know that some members attach an IV drip kit to the Dripper valve, much easier to adjust drip rate

Don't forget that a big part of keeping a cham hydrated is maintaining the overall cage humidity level. You could provide dripping water 24/7 and still have a dehydrated cham if the setup itself isn't designed correctly. You don't actually NEED a dripper per se. The largest dripper on the market won't guarantee that your cham will stay hydrated if the water it produces isn't available. Once those drops hit the catch basin on the cage floor they are basically useless.

Really, what you are trying to do is slow down the movement of water...to give your cham more time to find and lick it up. If you have a lot of surfaces in the cage (lots of foliage) that catch and hold water droplets created by hand spraying or a misting system, you don't actually need a separate dripper.

Everything in a cham's cage can potentially provide surfaces to lick water from. Even the screen mesh or any plastic sheeting you put over the mesh can catch and hold water droplets longer. The more droplets there are and the longer they persist the more chance your cham has to drink from them. As all those droplets evaporate they will raise the humidity level. A cham in a proper humidified cage will not drink as much water directly either. Think of the difference between rain on a large shrub versus one little dribble over a rock.

Last edited:
Don’t waste your $10 on a little or big Dripper. Not worth the plastic it’s made out of. The plastic valve is stupid fragile and will be stripped within a month. Get a MistKing, worth every penny. Or I do know that some members attach an IV drip kit to the Dripper valve, much easier to adjust drip rate
thats what I did

Back
Top Bottom