Drip system setup

o damn! i hope your cham does ok, the cage setups were so poor. i know it was only temp. but come on. did you see the cage were they had three chams with a crested gecko together. tisk tisk tisk. im glad you saved on of em atleast.

o damn! i hope your cham does ok, the cage setups were so poor. i know it was only temp. but come on. did you see the cage were they had three chams with a crested gecko together. tisk tisk tisk. im glad you saved on of em atleast.

Which show was this? I know there is one coming in Arlington sometime in August but have not seen info about it.

is the red looking thing by the wand by any chance an air stone? do you need to connect an airstore before the bubble wand for it to work or am i just seeing things? just want to make sure i get all the parts to try this idea out!

It looks like a check valve so that air or water does not back up in the line. In this case Air :D Hard to say in that picture though.

bringing up an old thread.

how does the bubble wand treat your plants?! Are you guys experiencing alot of over watering?? Even using my dripper now and misting I am almost at the point of over watering my plants. I can hardly imagine what will happen if i install a misting/dripper setup.

is anyone covering their plants up with something?

Nice setup :D

But hows this for an lcheapo dripper and it work for my 2.5 month old Veiled. :p

But i am going to invest in something better.

see attachment.

Attachments

• Photo-0169.jpg
    Photo-0169.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 215
So... I have to ask, is anyone elses bubble wand having issues dripping after several weeks of use? Mine went to go from a fairly strong flow to barely dripping now.

The pump seems fine, it's brand new. I forget the exact gpms, it's 300+. If I unplug the tubing from the bubble wand, a nice water stream still shoots out.

I'm using Dallas tap water, do the bubble wands clog after time from impurities in tap water?

We have pretty hard water here. I have to clean out the shower head every coule of years from mineral deposits. I've been using RO most of the time for my drip system but I got the adjustable drip heads at lowes. I can see the bubble wand getting clogged pretty quickly using tap water.

i had that problem with the hard water clogging everything up. what i actually had better luck with was taking a screw and sticking it in the end of the tubing to stop it. i then just drilled VERY VERY tiny holes in the tubing instead of using the bubble wand, and that has worked better so far

i had that problem with the hard water clogging everything up. what i actually had better luck with was taking a screw and sticking it in the end of the tubing to stop it. i then just drilled VERY VERY tiny holes in the tubing instead of using the bubble wand, and that has worked better so far

This is exactly what I was thinking of doing the other night! I'll have to give it a shot. :D

bringing up an old thread.

how does the bubble wand treat your plants?! Are you guys experiencing alot of over watering?? Even using my dripper now and misting I am almost at the point of over watering my plants. I can hardly imagine what will happen if i install a misting/dripper setup.

is anyone covering their plants up with something?

I have two plants and one dripper per cage. I alternate every other day the dripper spot so to avoid over watering the plants...

Back
Top Bottom