drinking

tino442

everytime i put on my dripper my 5 month old panther goes into feeding mode and shoots his tongue at the water and the dripper tube instead of just drinking the water off the leaves. Yesterday he got hit tongue stuck on the tube yet today he is still shooting at the water. Why is this happening?

sometimes they will just do that. Mine used to shoot at the water when he was younger but never does anymore. Hopefully he will grow out of it. Have you tried misting as opposed to the dripper? I am glad he did not hurt his tongue!

you should try putting a leaf or something of that matter infront of the dripper tube this way his tongue cant get stuck in it anymore

you should try putting a leaf or something of that matter infront of the dripper tube this way his tongue cant get stuck in it anymore

/\ /\ /\ /\This. It is normal for them to shoot at water. I would definetly try to get it dripping all over some foliage though.

maybe he's hungry? try misting w/ a spray bottle. i go through the herd once or twice a day and spray w/ a bottle, some of them come running and drink straight from the nozzel.

dark cham

i have my cham for 2 wks. I came home today and he is basking under light he looks very dark like a grey color . is he ok? 5 m old panther

Yes, they turn dark for to soak up more light/heat when they bask. Make sure his basking is 85ish. But this is normal.

I've noticed mine doing that exact same thing in the morning and some part of the day as well. His over cage temp is 75-78f. The temp directly under the bulb where he likes to bask in was 80-82f the humidity is 70-75%. At this point idk if there's something wrong w the lil man. He's 2 months old and he's a panther cham.

I have a few that do that it's normal. Some drink different ways I noticed in certain locales drink in different ways

Back
Top Bottom