Drinking water

Sancho

I'm in Los Angeles is it ok to use tap water for the chams? or should it be bottle water only?

i would search and find what additives and source your water comes from. in my case they add flouride to the water, so i use spring water. water department should have those facts, or im sure someone local to you will chime in.

This is the only thing I can find on their site.

California Water Service Company (Cal Water) is the largest investor-owned American water utility west of the Mississippi River and the third largest in the country. Formed in 1926, the San Jose-based company serves more than 460,000 customers through 28 Customer and Operations Centers throughout the state.

Cal Water is the largest subsidiary of the California Water Service Group, which also includes Washington Water Service Company, New Mexico Water Service Company, Hawaii Water Service Company, and CWS Utility Services. As a whole, the Group provides high-quality regulated and non-regulated utility services to approximately 2 million people in 100 communities.

Company-wide, our employees share a commitment to being the leader in providing our customers and communities with traditional and innovative utility services. For us, it's all about customer service. After all, there is a reason we have "service" in our name.

Cal Water meets its customers' needs in Westlake Village/Thousand Oaks, Torrance's Hollywood Riviera, and on the Palos Verdes Peninsula by purchasing imported water from MWD. Because these service areas receive their entire supply from MWD, the water delivered to these customers will have fluoride levels of 0.8 mg/L.

i used filtered water none the less just for safety.
some areas in LA have hard water.

If you are using your tap water I recommend that you let it sit out for a couple days with no top on your jug to allow the chlorine to seep out....

Hope this helps

Todd

the chlorine will evaporates.
But, if they are using Fluoride, instead of chlorine, then you are out of luck.

America hopefully will stop using Fluoride after we gave birth to twitching babies with low IQs.
:(

If you are using your tap water I recommend that you let it sit out for a couple days with no top on your jug to allow the chlorine to seep out....

Hope this helps

Todd

Even if it's filter with the Brita water filter?

41JBC59NB2L._AA262_.jpg

I'm just going to use my filter that I have on my sink. :) should work fine...

im not so sure that carbon filter will get rid of flouride, they are most effective for hard minerals.

i go to the water dispenser next to my grocery store, glacier water 6 step purification $1.50 for 5 gallons.

I've been using tap water on my veild for 8 months now. :(
Howdy,

I've been using SoCal tapwater for 4-5 years with all of my chameleons. I did play around with a Brita filter for a few months but gave it up.

Even though the water may have fluoride, my chameleons still have to brush their teeth twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste :rolleyes:.

Hey Tim! How is everything going. There are lots of people from lots of places that use plain old tap water with no problems. I used to but moved to a place with a well. I would be more worried about gutloading those feeders than the water but thats me. Send me your email again if you would so I can start sending you pics and ideas for the site. Im glad you are enjoying your new guy and doing everything you can to make him live a healthy life!:D

If you're concerned about the quality of your tap water, you can buy a couple 5 gallon jugs (Target, $9.99 ea) and go to Safeway to fill them ($33 cents/gallon) and one of them lasts me a good while. That's what I do, but I live in Davis and the water here SUCKS!

Back
Top Bottom