drinking question

newtochams

OK so the first day I got my chameleon he drank from the mist. My question s I haven't seen him drink since so is he drinking or should I be worried. Please reply.

Just check to see if his urate is white. White is a good sign. Yellow or orange means he could use some more hydration. They can also get moisture through their feeders, so feeding worms like silkworms and hornworms can help with keeping your chameleon hydrated. If you don't see him drink, don't worry, he may be drinking when you are not looking. I have one chameleon I rarely see drink.

Having a little dripper in combo with a mister can be a good idea too. My cham will usually stand right under the drip and allow it to roll down his casque and then he licks it all up. just another option to consider.

I also don't always catch him drinking either. I only saw him drink like that for the first time last week and I've had him for 6 months

Just check to see if his urate is white. White is a good sign. Yellow or orange means he could use some more hydration. They can also get moisture through their feeders, so feeding worms like silkworms and hornworms can help with keeping your chameleon hydrated. If you don't see him drink, don't worry, he may be drinking when you are not looking. I have one chameleon I rarely see drink.
The thing is I haven't seen any urates or feces. He eats fine and is active but I never see him drink and no feces.

The feces could be landing in a plant.
A dripper is the trick I think make sure it drips down as many leaves as possible...For some reason this will always trigger my cham to poo!
You can also put warm water in an eye dropper and drip it on his head.
Some chams will take to that and drink straight from the dropper.
It will most likely not be every day though.
Keep us updated!

Back
Top Bottom